Monday, June 12, 2006

Anything Lenox

I think I found my next car. No, not the Country Squire. On Saturday I drove a Volvo S60. Loved it! It was much better than the smaller one (S40) that I drove a few weeks back. I had basically written off a Volvo all together but was driving by the dealership and figured I'd stop in and check it out.

The S60 is sporty and nice without being overtly pretentious. I still have a couple more weeks on the SUV lease so I'll probably just wait it out. Plus it will be helpful to have the truck when I move. Most of my stuff is going into to storage but there will be some stuff that I'll want to bring over to my sisters. The truck will make it easier.

I did get some packing done this weekend. I got all my books packed up and my Lenox; the two most important things. : ) If you recall, you'll probably remember that I'm a Lenox freak. Anything Lenox. There's just something about the off-white color, the intricate carvings and the smattering of gold or platinum. It's soooo gay! I packed up three big boxes of Lenox alone. Wrapped them with bubble wrap and newspapers. For a lot of them I still had the original boxes.

Well I should get going. Lot going on at work today. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. If you haven't noticed, I've updated my Links section. I've come across quite a few good blogs as of late. You might want to check them out.

7 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

I plan on trading my car in later this year and actually looked at the Volvo S60. Great car. I think I am going to test the Lexus 350i, and BMW 325 before I make my decision. Good luck!

Oh, and thanks for the blogroll!!

The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Hey, I didn't make in on the blogroll :). I sold my car when I moved back into San Francisco and have been driving zipcars ever since when I need a vehicle (city carsharing). Not practical for everyone but a kewl idea. As for Lenox, this took me back to my days as a floral designer in the 80's. I worked at an exclusive shop in Northern VA where we had a well to do customer...a nice lady with an affinity for anything Lenox. She had an entire nativity set for Christmas made of Lenox figurines...and when her hubby accidentally broke one of them I informed her that there was a Lenox store at a local mall. Suddenly, the nativity scene got expanded by at least twice as many pieces as it was before. :)

The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Hey, I didn't make in on the blogroll (smile). I sold my car when I moved back into San Francisco and have been driving zipcars ever since when I need a vehicle (city carsharing). Not practical for everyone but a kewl idea. As for Lenox, this took me back to my days as a floral designer in the 80's. I worked at an exclusive shop in Northern VA where we had a well to do customer...a nice lady with an affinity for anything Lenox. She had an entire nativity set for Christmas made of Lenox figurines...and when her hubby accidentally broke one of them I informed her that there was a Lenox store at a local mall. Suddenly, the nativity scene got expanded by at least twice as many pieces as it was before.

Countess Bedelia said...

Rick, I have a Lenox vase that I got for a wedding present when I married Husband #1. I think it is an antique...LOL! (It is just gathering dust inside my hutch.)

It is yours as a housewarming gift when you find your next home.

"the" Mrs. Astor said...

OMG, that pattern is gorgeous! There is nothing like fine china and classware to make you feel like a lady of quality.

Rick Bettencourt said...

Countess,
Thanks so much! I'll hold you to it. : )

Untraveled Guy,
My bad...I'll roll ya!

Sorted Lives,
Back at ya!

Mrs. Astor,
I'm proud to be a Lady of Quality. I got to use that line more often.

Thanks all!

Rick

digital t-square said...

I have a '05 V70R wagon, and really like it. There are some minor rattles and squeaks that the dealer cannot locate. But overall, the Volvo has been a good vehicle. And like you said, Volvos are not pretentious. I also have an '04 Audi S4. The Audi's interior is far superior in ergonomics and design. I regret not waiting for the new A6 Avant. If you're steering towards the S60, take a peak at the S60R as well. The R series get the 300 horsepower high-pressure turbo, sportier suspension, more aggressive styling.