Monday, November 27, 2006

Zap Your Battery!

Thanksgiving weekend is over...back to work. Back to four full weeks of working before I get another vacation day: I have the week of Christmas off and then the following week I work two days then am going to Florida to visit Mom. Will be a nice break.

I love taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off. I've been doing it for years. It's a great time to recharge the old batteries and make plans for the New Year (click here and here to read about last year's respite).

Ever find you need a break from a situation? Of course you have. Whether good or bad sometimes you just need to take a step back and say, "let me think about this...let me see where this is going...let me appreciate what I've got or redirect the course." This is how I usually spend my down time during the holidays. I find it a great reflective time. Then when it comes to setting New Year's resolutions I say f___ it! Let's create a vision! (Click here to read about last year's vision.)

Looking back at the older posts I've included here I feel the need to cherish the moment. God, time flies by fast. To that point I'd like to take the time to thank God...the universe...Spirit for allowing me to be here. This may be a little late the week after Thanksgiving - and flies in the face of my ungrateful post - but I really am thankful for it all.

And to that end, I'd like to share the wealth with you and give you something. Yes, you!

This is a little tidbit I created to get me through those rough patches:

Take a moment to think about one thing or maybe a couple of things that would really make your life better and either jot it down, mentally hold a note in your head or be brave and live out loud about it and make a comment in this post.

Got it? Got that one thing or two things?

Now...

Act as if you have it. Right this very moment pretend, if you would, that it's reality. Enjoy the feeling...act on it.

Relax and lie in the moment. Feel it. Be it.

The feeling will eventually go away. That's normal but...you can recreate it anytime.

No comments: