Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Change Your Life in One Year


Slept much better last night; nonetheless aided by the Tylenol PM I took before going to bed. My minds been racing lately. There's just so much going on. Anyway, I feel much better having had a decent night's sleep.

God, it's only Wednesday. This week has been dragging. Maybe it's because I'm anticipating my vacation. Tomorrow's my last day. After work, we're having a little Christmas party and then I'm off for a little over a week. I go back January 2nd, work two days and then am off to Florida for four days to see Mom.

It's nice to relax and have time off. Especially after a trying and difficult year but things are turning around nicely for me.

The other day I was thinking about what I was doing this time last year. I was preparing to spend Christmas alone and wondering what to do by myself for a week for I always take the week off between Christmas and New Year's. I was depressed. I didn't buy any Christmas presents. I was wondering how to afford a big old house by myself and dealing with the divorce. I would practically cry myself to sleep every night.

This year it's a 180 degree difference. What a year will do.

7 comments:

dbv said...

brings to mind... 525,600 minutes..
how do you measure, measure a year... set to music of course... god, now i'll never get that song out of my head... enjoy the vacation!!!

Donnie said...

"You've come a long way, baby!"

Enjoy your holiday...you deserve a great one this year.

Will said...

What a lovely change, Rick! Enjoy the holidays and let's try to get together to say hello in person in the New Year.

Spider said...

I am so glad that life has changed for you - you sure deserve it! I hope that you and Will have a FANTASTIC holiday - PLEASE give a call if you get close to the Orlando area...

Maddog said...

I'm so glad things have turned around you. Have a great holiday and vacation.

Anthony said...

Isn't it amazing how different a year makes life? Enjoy your vacation and those lazy days sleeping in!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Good for you Rick! I love this time of year b/c you can reflect on how much you've done. You're absolutely right - we can make huge changes in a short amount of time. We can all learn from and remind ourselves of that - when we're down, we can make huge changes.