Monday, December 11, 2006

Dunkin' Donuts Has Cell Phones?

Ahhh!!! A cup of freshly brewed Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Do you all have Dunks around your way? Dunks (short for Dunkin' Donuts, in case you haven't picked that up) is really New England's favorite coffee chain. You can't drive more than a couple of miles without bumping into one of these gold mines. It's primarily an east coast thing. You west coasters have more Starbucks, which I like as well but being a New Englander I'm partial to my Dunkin' Donuts. I live for Dunkin' Donuts coffee. (That's pretty sad huh?)

Speaking of Dunks, Will and I paid them a little visit last week...

Last weekend Will and I headed out to do some shopping (we're always going shopping). But first off, he had some banking to do so we stopped off at this little strip mall near the blast site in Danvers. This bank has all of about 2 branches in Massachusetts so we were lucky to find it. He need a teller for this particular transaction he was doing. An hour of working with the teller we were told: "Well, Will I need to wait for the East BumF___ branch to call me back because there's a code coming up on my computer. They're probably swamped but should get back to me shortly. Do you have a cell phone? I can call you. Why don't you grab a cup of coffee and I'll give you a buzz in about 10 minutes."

"Sure. No problem. We haven't eaten yet. Maybe we can grab a muffin and some coffee," Will says to me.

So we headed on over to Dunkin' Donuts where we discussed our shopping plans and between both our cell phones fielded about fifteen phone calls. We enjoyed our coffee and split a new French Toast twist while watching the news. Since I was heading out to Chicago the next day I decided to check my office voice mail just to make sure nothing was cancelled last minute. No messages.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I spot these really cool looking mugs for sale. I jumped up. "Will! Look at these. Aren't these cool?"


With the same propensity and excitement for silly stuff as I have he bounced on over to take a look. "Those are pretty cool."

Cut to the next scene...

We're done with the bank and we're now in the dollar store riffling through shelves of light bulbs, saran wrap, dish rags, jars of olives, wrapping paper - a whole mishmash of cheap goods. "Will, do you have my cell phone?"

"Ah, no. Why would I have your cell phone?"

"Because I don't have it."

"Really? The last I saw you with it was at Dunkin' Donuts."

"Shit. Maybe I left it in the car. Can I have your keys? I'll go back and check."

After trudging through miles and miles of parked cars I found Will's car but no cell phone. Not in any of the usual, or unusual, places could I find my phone. It's funny when you've lost something, you find yourself looking in the craziest spots. "Maybe it's in the visor. No. Or maybe it's in the spare tire in the trunk. No. The cigarette lighter?" I headed back to the dollar store to find Will knee deep in gift bags whipping through for just the right one.

"Will, I can't find it."

"What! It's got to be around. Did you check behind the visor?"

"Can I use your phone? Maybe if I call it someone will pick it up."

Sure enough. I dial my number. "Hello?" Said a faint female voice.

"Umm. Hi. Did you happen to find this phone?"

"Oh, yes. It's over here at Dunkin' Donuts."

"You got to be kidding me? You mean it's not in the trunk?"

8 comments:

Spider said...

We have Dunkin' Donuts here in Florida, but until they can perfect the triple venti vanilla latte', I will be getting my coffee from Starbucks, and being the good southern boy I am, my donuts from Krispy Kreme...

steve'swhirlyworld said...

We had a DD in Louisiana, but it didn't go over very well - the local Meche's Donuts wasn't a chain, so people meet up there for coffee and SUGAR HIGHS.

Glad you found your cell.

Maximus Leo said...

I love the Donuts from Dunkin Donuts....Yum!! But you can't get it here in Singapore. Let alone donuts from Starbucks!! They had in Japan and they were as delicious as Dunkin Donuts.

Did you know that Starbucks coffee in Japan is a lot stronger than the Starbucks coffee in Singapore? Well just a piece of useless information for you :-)

Donnie said...

I used to like Dunkin' Donuts, although I used to LOVE Krispy Kreme. A tidbit for you....when in Canada, make sure you try Tim Horton's (love their Tim Bits).

I'll go to Starbucks if I'm a strange place, but here at home, I try to frequent my local "Mom & Pop" coffeehouse (Bean's). I love their gingerbread flavored coffee!

Mikey said...

We have Tim Hortons here in Canada and I get stuck in the car lineup for the drive through almost everyday

The Untraveled Travel Guy said...

Here in California it's Krispy Kreme all the way. I missed DD back in VA. Actually the one in Alexandria closed last year. Used to love the Munchkins, esp. the jelly filled ones.

Anthony said...

up here its timmy ho's all the way!! nothink like a good tim horton's donut. but for coffee, it's starbucks (well they are on pretty much EVERY corner) or if im downtown, delaney's... mmmm a latte with chocolate whipping cream... mmm mmm good!

MochaMaster said...

Good news to Dunkin' Donuts lovers in Singapore! You can buy their fresh and crispy donuts online, free delivery! Click this link for more details : D

http://www.dunkindonuts.zlhub.com/