Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Going Away in 2007

Got an earlier flight in from Chicago last night. It's so nice to be back. I slept like a baby in my own bed. It's always nice to come home after being away for awhile. Living out of a bag isn't always fun then again I've got some good vacation plans coming up. I don't think I'll mind these ones...

Two Florida trips on the agenda for next year: Will and I are in the process of summing up plans for a Disney World vacation in April. We should have everything booked by the end of the week. Plus we're going to the Daytona area in January. I guess Florida will be seeing a lot of us next year. I'm excited about both vacations. January will be short and cheap trip -- more or less just to see my Mom and brother for Christmas (even though post-holidays). My sister, brother-in-law, Will and I will be going down for a long weekend. It'll be a nice little family get together.

The April vacation will be more of a real vacation - four days in Disney and a week on the Gulf. Will's entire family will be going. I love Disney! I haven't been since 1998. A lot has changed and I can't wait to see it all. Will's daughter wants to stay at the All-Star Movies Resort. We were going to do The Swan or The Dolphin (not cheap) but I'd rather spend the extra money in the park. After a few days in Disney, we'll be driving over to the West coast to stay in the Sarasota area for a nice relaxing week on the beach.

A New York City trip is also in the works. We haven't planned that one - just talked about it. I've got so many points on my AmEx that I can spend an entire weekend at the Waldorf-Astoria for free. Maybe in the late spring we'll see a nice show, go to the Village, do some shopping, eat at some really good restaurants. I haven't been to New York City since 1995! My God! It'd be nice to head on down there for a weekend.

We also talked about a weekend away in New Hampshire. This would be a fun winter vacation. Will knows of a great little place in North Conway that has an Jacuzzi and close to the shops and restaurants. That area of New Hampshire is really nice. Maybe Brian and Mark will come up with us.

Well, enough dreaming about vacations. The reality is that I need to be to work in an hour. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit's glad to have me back. He spent the night cuddling next to me while I slept.

4 comments:

Spider said...

Well, I hope that I get the chance to meet you both on one of your trips to the Sunshine State!

Nothing like sleeping in your own bed with your pup...

digital t-square said...

As much as I enjoy traveling, getting back to my own bed is equally as rewarding. Sounds like you'll be doing a lot of vacationing soon. I bet you'll get crabs in Orlando :X

Donnie said...

Whew! That post made me think of the Go-Go's song "Vacation". Sounds like you'll be a regular jet-setter for the next several months. :)

Sorted Lives said...

I hope you can squeeze some time for a dinner with Spider and I. We would love to meet you.