I thought today I'd talk a little bit about the business behind Bandit Talks. Well, not that there's any real business here more or less just the logistics of site traffic. People come to Blogs either from links on other sites or through searching engines like Google or Yahoo!.
Aside from the links that my Blog buddies have so graciously placed on their sites, a lot of visitors come to Bandit Talks by searching for the following key words:
- Is Ryan Seacrest Gay? - Uh, yeah! Don't you remember? He was my future husband (read more). I've since found other interests.
- Daniel Kucan. Is Daniel Kucan gay?- He actually reads my Blog. You'll have to read his response to a previous post I wrote and tell me what you think. For those of you coming late, he's the hot hunk (not Ty Pennington...although he's hot too) from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Speaking of Ty, occasionally I'll get the Ty Pennington gay hit.
- Danvers, Massachusetts, CAI, Danvers, Explosion Danvers - These are the people looking to find out information about the explosion that happened in Danvers a couple weeks back. News bulletin: Rumor has it that if the propane tank company next door hadn't emptied there tanks a couple days before we'd be looking at deaths in the thousands.
- Ace Young Gay. Is Ace Young Gay? - The American Idol heart throb from the 2006 season? There's a little bit of an increase in these search words lately most likely due to his recent album release.
- And last but not least Bandit Talks - Yes, some people out there are actually searching for my Blog.
Now other than posting gay porn (I refuse) what are ways to increase Blog traffic? It's all about search engine optimization - having your links in other, more popular web sites. I guess I haven't spent too much time doing trying to do this. Well, I guess I could do more. What is it with us? We always want more. Can't we ever be happy with what we have?
Some of my other Blog friends get a lot more traffic. For instance, Will over at Designer Blog gets about 100 hits a day. Lately I've been averaging about 70. Some sites get that in an hour! Then again a year ago I only got about 10 a week!
Anyway, if you have any tips or tricks, let me know.