Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Showered with Love...and Some Really Cool Gifts Too!


Well, Christmas has come to past. I have to say this year I had quite a lovely holiday season. Between office parties, celebrations at my sister’s house, dinners with friends and family and spending yesterday with Will’s family, I certainly enjoyed myself. This year’s festivities showed me much fun and many gifts.

It’s early morning and while I write here at Will’s apartment, in the next room, he sleeps soundly - the man of my dreams. Last night, we went to bed rather early after getting home from a busy day which started with our exchanging of presents (more on that later), a trip to my house to see Bandit and to exchange gifts with my nieces and nephews. Then off to his parents.

This year I made out like a bandit (no pun intended).

As I mentioned the other day, Christmas Eve was at my sister’s house. What a fun time Phyllis, Will and I had drinking wine, laughing, playing with Bandit and ultimately crying over “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

On Christmas Eve I exchanged gifts with my sister and brother-in-law. They got me an iPod! I’m very excited about that. I’ve been thinking about getting one for awhile. Now I can download some tunes and then figure out how to get it connected to the car. Will’s CRV has a built in MP3 connector but my car doesn’t have one; it’s too old. I know there are those FM band transmitters but I’ve heard bad things about them. Maybe I’ll stop by the Volvo dealership and see what they recommend.


Christmas morning, at Will’s place, he and I exchanged presents. He got me a Movado watch! Stunning! I love it. I’ve wanted one for awhile. In fact, I almost bought myself one this past summer but bowed out at the last minute. Remember? I couldn’t justify the cost. He also got me a bunch of other stuff: shirts, a Champion fleece jacket, a Nike baseball cap, a painting and more! I too showered him with gifts: a Magellan GPS system for his car, car wash gift certificates, Riedel wine glasses etc.

We were good to each other...that’s for sure. We both deserve it.

Then yesterday afternoon, from his parents, siblings and his friends Brian and Diedi, I was surprised to get even more: a nice Dunkin’ Donuts gift basket, a Moose Creek shirt, the cutest Nate Burkus teddy bear, a dog calendar, wine, dining gift certificates, a Life is Good t-shirt and for our April Disney World trip a bunch of some cool Disney paraphernalia including a pair of oversized Goofy slippers which I’m wearing right now!


If there’s any truth to the belief that you get what you deserve then I’m certainly blessed. I'm looking forward to more fun, frolic and excitement, many years of good health and prosperity and hopefully many Christmases with Will.

Peace.

13 comments:

Spider said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas Rick! I got an iPod also! It was such a total surprise...

Sorted said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Maximus Leo said...

Nice one Rick!! Enjoy the rest of the holidays!! :-)

TigerYogi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! :)

Donnie said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas, Rick! Have fun with all of your gifts. Enjoy the remainder of your holiday.

Kelly said...

Looks like you had a good holiday... enjoy the rest of your time off and I am adding you to my blog roll... Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mikey said...

Hey Bud!
Glad you had a great one...all the best for the rest of the season!

Anthony said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas! All the best for the new Year!!

kevin74 said...

Glad that you had such a great Holiday!! My best for the New Year!!

Maddog said...

Glad you got such wonderful things and that you had such a wonderul Christmas.

Bruce said...

Rick,

Sounds like you're having a great holiday. You see, life can be very, very good. All the best for the New Year.

JimmyD said...

I just discovered your bolg through the kind folk at Best Gay Blogs.
RE: Your iPod/car
http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-iCarPlay-Plus-FM-Transmitter-Charger-fits-iPod_W0QQitemZ130061744105QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73836QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm on my second one. I LOVE it. My first one got lifted from my car while parked in my rented space in my apt building. I'd die without this cable. Or you can just install a new sound system (which I'd do but my car is so old it would be silly). Happy Holidays!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

So that's where Santa dropped his load! OMG, I was looking for my IPOD!