Friday, December 22, 2006

Visions of Sugar Plum Fairies Dance On...I Mean "In"...My Head

I got in late last night. Waltzed in around 2:30 in the morning after a four hour office celebration and then a night out with Phyllis. Exhausted I hit the bed and fell right to sleep.

Next thing I know, my lovely boyfriend decides to give me a call at 7:30 this morning. Apparently, sitting in traffic on 128 he had the compelling need tell me how much he loves me. Apparently, he ponders these things on the highway; this isn't the first time. Maybe he just wanted to check in on me and make sure I wasn't waking up with some hung over Santa Claus by my side or that I wasn't left curled up under the Hanukah tree at the Club. No. I was home safe and sound with visions of sugar plum fairies dancing in my head. Actually, I needed to get up. Bandit was getting anxious to go out and do his bingos. And, quite honestly, a phone call as nice is that is always welcome. But you don't want to hear about all that mushy-love stuff do you? We're both such romantics it'd probably turn your stomach.

Rick, the Jewish-Wanna-Be, Celebrates the Festival of Lights

So I'm off today! Woo hoo! I don't go back until the 2nd. Although, I do have some presentations I took home with me and I can check in via VPN. I shouldn't. I'll try not to but if I don't I'll fall behind. I also have some clients, for my own business, that I plan to meet up with next week.

What else? Will gets out early this afternoon so he's going to swing by and then we'll probably meet up with Phyllis for lunch or something. We'll have a good time. Maybe we'll catch a movie or something.

Anyway, got to go and do nothing. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit wishes you all Happy Hanukah and a Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Donnie said...

Enjoy your time off, Rick. Oh, please send that Sugar Plum Fairy down my way...he's a little bit of alright! ;)

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to peace love and understanding? All I see is news on phone recorder software record telephone conversation private .

steve'swhirlyworld said...

And after the fairy finishes with donnie, he can come my way. Hope you had a great day doing nothing. I'm going to be packing tonight for a flight out tomorrow morning. Happy holidays.

Will said...

I'm an old romantic also and I LOVE hearing about "all that mushy-love stuff" when two guy get together.

Hope you both have a great Christmas and all the best for 2007!

dbv said...

cute... when do we get to see pics of the new beau?