Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Case of Censored Writer's Block


Is this what they mean by writer's block? God I hate it.

I'm having a bit of difficultly in writing today. Usually the words just flow from my fingertips as I type, pretty much, whatever's on my mind. Yet lately, not sure if you noticed, I've been needing to stifle my creativity a bit. There is no more anonymity, everyone and their uncle knows Bandit Talks. Everywhere I turn I'm pissing someone off. But I'm not going to let that stop me.
I know it's gonna work out this time,
This time....I am...changing!
I really don't have much to write about. So why am I even bothering to post? Because I feel like it I guess. I enjoy the act of writing. Not only do I find it enjoyable; I find it cathartic (when I can say what I feel).
And nothing's gonna stop...
Me! Now!
Okay, what's something safe to write about...

Well, I can hardly believe that it's nearly the end of the first month of the year. To be out and out cliche: God, how time flies. A month ago I was preparing for Christmas, just beginning my vacation. Phyllis was in town. Things can really change in a month. Or have they really? Only time will tell.

Oh God! Is that all I have to write about? How the month has gone by? How 23 days have past in the first month of 2007? That's pathetic!

Well, I suppose I could get into the details of the New England weather. It's been awfully cold. Seasonably cold unlike a month ago when I was Christmas shopping in shorts.

Wow, that's another riveting topic.

Alright, enough! Then again...

There's the feelings I have for [CENSORED], a lot going on with [CENSORED] and when I tell you about [CENSORED] you wouldn't believe the details. Then again there's me. Crazy Rick, still in [CENSORED] hoping that [CENSORED] will come my way. Or what about the fact that the other night while I was at [CENSORED], I met [CENSORED] and could have [CENSORED] but didn't. [CENSORED] wants me to [CENSORED] but I don't think I'm going to.

Or when I got [CENSORED] I worked it out so that [CENSORED] and got [CENSORED]. I was pretty proud of myself.

Tomorrow I'm going to my [CENSORED]. He wants me to think about [CENSORED]. He thinks I might be able to [CENSORED] it out with [CENSORED], if I can clearly [CENSORED] what is [CENSORED] and what I [CENSORED] in a [CENSORED]. Perhaps my [CENSORED] of [CENSORED] are remnants from [CENSORED].

Okay, I feel a little bit better. On the brighter side, censorship does bring a bit of publicity. At least I'm getting attention right? (Drama queen!)

Off for the day...

11 comments:

Bruce said...

Rick,

Why are you worried about pissing someone off with what you write? If you can't write what you think and feel, what good is the whole enterprise? No one is, after all, paying you per reader.

Anonymous said...

You know I love you. Lets stop this game. Be my tight end forever.

Ruthie Black naked said...

I'm blocked too. Maybe Ex-Lax?
No wonder we're blocked. Bloggers got it tough - - we try to stay somewhere near the truth. Not like that liar who wrote my biograpy, RUTHIE BLACK.
www.ruthieblacknaked.blogspot.com

greg brown said...

That's the danger of blogging. Once you put something in print, it's there for the world to read - and there is no such thing as annonymity.

You're a good guy and it takes a while for people to sort out their feelings.

Anonymous said...

Rick, i just want to say that was not me above writing that message
about being your tight end. You must have a secret boyfriend out there i don't now about? Will

Spider said...

Honey - you left your key light on! ;-)

Curtis said...

Well, all I've got to say is [CENSORED] and that's how I feel about it.

Donnie said...

Well Rick, always remember that I'll be here to read whatever you write about....be it your deepest darkest feelings or the junk mail you received today.

Just tell [CENSORED] to [CENSORED].

Albert said...

Write whatever the hell you want to!!! The last time I checked it was your blog and no one else's!! Don't censor anymore...I am now totally confused!!!

digital t-square said...

Yah, you're [CENSORED] pissing me off because you are not [CENSORED] writing what you [CENSORED] want. Oh, that was [CENSORED] harsh. Write whatever you [CENSORED] want. I [CENSORED] enjoy reading your UNCENSORED blog. I'd better [CENSORED] wash my [CENSORED] mouth out with [CENSORED] soap.

Maddog said...

I completely understand your situation. Someone in Iowa, at my school in fact, as found my blog and let me know that they know it's me. Now I don't feel like I can write at all. So I haven't all week. What to do, what to do.