Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Little Lack of Clarity


Rambling thoughts, disconnected segments. My mind's a blur. The coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

I'm a bit nervous today. I have to give a big presentation today. I don't mind giving presentations; I've done so many but, depending upon the audience, some are a little more important than others. I'm sure I'll do well. It's just the nervous wanna-get-it-over-with energy that goes with it. Being a bit nervous is a good thing, keeps me on my game.

Onto other things...I watched Prison Break last night. I love that show. I've only seen it a couple of times last season but watched last night's episode. Good show! I haven't been too much into American Idol this season. Maybe I'll catch a peek tonight. Sometimes I miss having the comfort of my own home so that I can watch and do whatever I want.

More disconnected thoughts...

Errands: Got to bring Bandit to the vet. It's time for his yearly vaccinations. Also, need to pull all my tax stuff together and make an appointment. I think I have a dentist appointment coming up too. Maybe even a follow-up physical.

It's early. Up at 3:30 this morning, feel back to sleep a little and got up at 5:00. Lot on my mind re: today's presentation.

Both my sister and brother-in-law are sick. My sister's had a hacking cough for about a month, now my brother-in-law's getting one. I'm loading up on vitamins and AirBorne because I refuse to get it.

Been hitting the gym hard. Had a fantastic workout yesterday. Before when I would workout I would worry too much about form and therefore not use as much weight. While I do believe form is important, this time I'm packing it on yet really feeling it. I read an article recently that people with long arms (me!) sometimes don't need to fully extend on certain exercises, like on the incline bench press; otherwise you end up working your arms instead of your pecs. Before my arms would tire out before full exhausting my chest. So now I'm going with the stretch and feel in the specific muscle. God, I've been working out for years and am only now getting it. Funny, yesterday I actually looked forward to going to the gym. Before I would dread it.

Well, talk about rambling thoughts. I've actually added a category called such. I find I write like this every once in awhile so why not categorize them all. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello. Says he misses writing and wants to make another guest appearance soon.

2 comments:

Spider said...

Good luck on the presentation today - I am sure you will knock them dead... tell Bandit we are looking forward to his next apperance...

Donnie said...

I'll have my fingers crossed that the presentation goes well.

Love the random thoughts posts Rick.

Congrats on the gym! I'd love to work out with you.

Hello back to Bandit. We miss hearing from him.