Monday, January 15, 2007

Some of Life's Little Lessons


I got these in an e-mail the other day. I found some inspirational, especially the ones regarding love, so decided to re-post a selected few here on Bandit Talks. You can't just breeze through them. You've got to read each one, take a good, long hard look.

Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

When you say, "I love you," mean it.

When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.

Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

Believe in love at first sight.

Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.


Don't judge people by their relatives.

Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

Remember the three R's: R espect for self; Respect for others; and responsibility for all your actions.

Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

Spend some time alone.

9 comments:

Will said...

The one about loving deeply and passionately is completely, absolutely true.

Maximus Leo said...

Well - I like all of them but the one liner that hit me was "Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk". Well I am not a risk taker and hence my predicament. So this goes well for me for my 2007 New Years Resolution. To take more risks!! :-)

Donnie said...

I loved this post, Rick. My favorite of this list is, "Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much."

My dreams might not be grand, but they're important to me. At least I still have dreams. ;)

Glenn said...

We have remarkably similar posts today. "Spend some time alone" is one of the most poignant. It is really important to just be with yourself on a regular basis.

Mikey said...

When you say, "I love you," mean it. Although it sounds so basic...it is the one that can mean the most

Spider said...

I got these the other day also Rick - and I LOVE them - especially the when you say I love you mean it... that is SO IMPORTANT - thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Friday night.

Bruce said...

Whoever sent you this list is really a very good friend. I generally don't like such lists, as they tend to be a series of platitudes, but this one seems to hit the mark with every item.

PS: Does "anonymous" think it is really appropriate to leave highly personal messages on your blog? If you want to share intimate thoughts and feelings with your readers, thet's your decision. It is, after all, your blog, and the readers' decision if they want to read it.

But leaving highly personal messages on someone's blog is manipulative and coercive. You've listed an e mail address on your profile, why doesn't he use it?

Rick said...

I honestly have no idea who "anonymous" is...someone just trying to play games and be coercive as you suggest. No date Friday night...wish I did!