Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Waiting for It to End


I wrote this awhile back. Was going through some old e-mails and thought I'd post it. Talk about depressing!

Waiting for It to End

I feel a warm tear stream down my cheek
It stains my face with your name
And then another for the memories of you and me

I wipe them clear trying to break free from the past
Yet I can't let it go

I sit alone on a Friday night with nothing to do,
No one to love
I stare at the clock waiting for it to be a reasonable time to go to bed
I'm not tired but there's really nothing left to do

In the morning I'll just wake up alone ready for a day of nothing
I'll be done by 9 am and then just sit and wait for the day to end


Okay, I don't know why I'm posting this. It's not all that relevant anymore. I guess I'm just in a bit of a rush this morning and didn't want to leave you hanging with some stupid post about Delta airlines for two days in a row. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hi! He's glad to be back home.

4 comments:

Maddog said...

Glad your home safely. Have a great week. Tell Bandit hi for me.

Anthony said...

Glad to hear your back home safe and sound. Wow that is a very depressing poem, it is good to know that you have moved on from that space.

Donnie said...

Whew....that was some poem! It's a good thing I wasn't sad prior to reading this post.

I'm glad that both you and Bandit are back home safe and sound. Have a great week! :)

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I think you probably posted this to show how much things have changed for you. That's nice.