Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Dance That Could Have Been

After spending Valentine's day alone, I guess this piece is apropos. In a rather melancholy mood, I scratched this out other day. Let me know what you think.

Didn't know I could love like this;
Like I've never had a man before.
Come close to my heart,
Can you hear it break?
It wanted to have your everything.

Foolish heart...it thought we would dance,
Throughout eternity's end.

Didn't know I could fall like this;
Like no one's ever touched me deep inside.
Come near to my soul,
Can you sense it whither?

Foolish soul...it thought we would dance,
Throughout eternity's end.

Didn't know I could feel like this;
Like I had a new found hope for tomorrow.
Come next to my love,
Can you feel it die?
It wanted to have your everything.

Foolish me...I thought we would dance,
Throughout eternity's end.

With all my heart and soul,
I thought I we would dance...
Forever.


Rick Bettencourt (c) 2007

4 comments:

Donnie said...

Wow Rick....I really like this poem. I totally understand where you're coming from.

*big hug*

Will said...

That has such a ring of truth about it--I've been there. Thanks, Rick.

Anthony said...

i love it.

Spider said...

Absolutly beautiful...

And you will dance again... throughout eternity's end...