Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Sound of Winter

Well the snow is a coming! There's only about an inch or two out there now but it looks like the heavy, wet and icy stuff which makes for an unwelcome commute. I woke up to the sound of a snowplow scraping its blade along my street as it cleared a passageway for us motorists. God, that sound is so New England. Soon I'll hear the neighbor's shovels rasping against pavement and then later the burst of snowblowers eating up the freshly fallen snow. So many sounds of winter, sounds of a snowstorm.

7 comments:

Sorted said...

Be safe on the road. I don't miss winter at all!

dbv said...

i can't envision new england withoug seeing barbara parkins on the train at the end of "Valley of the Dolls"... such dignified suffering in silence... love her!! as soon as i get my mink and my hair to do what hers did, i'll visit in winter... lol...

Will said...

I left very early for work today to avoid all my good neighbors here in Boston who invariably behave as if they've never seen snow before and have no idea how to drive in the stuff. It was more of a sleet here than snow, so nowhere so pretty. They're rapidly reducing the number of inches of whatever they think Boston is going to get.

Rick and everybody else: Happy Valentine's Day! And Bandit, be glad he DOESN'T give you all the cookies and stuf you might like. Keep your boyish figure as long as you can.

Maddog said...

Stay warm out there Rick. We go the lighter side of the storm yesterday and ended up with about 5 or 6 inches. Try to enjoy the beauty of it.

Joshua said...

Happy Valentine's Day

Rian said...

I love the sounds of winter. I would be happy if we had more snow this year.

Donnie said...

Stay warm in the snow, Rick. I'd love a little dusting. We don't have all that "winter weather" equipment here. We'd be crippled with anything more than an inch or two.