Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wally and Sinead


Well it's been a busy week and it's only Tuesday. I'm exhausted. Yesterday because of President's Day, I had off. I got up early (per usual), took Bandit for a walk and then planned out my errands.

I started off with my grocery shopping. I haven't been grocery shopping in a long time. My sister and brother-in-law usually buy the food, besides I eat out a lot. But anyway I decided that I needed to have some of my old staples handy. After traipsing down every aisle at about $100 later, I was pulling out of parking lot with all three bags in my trunk. Well, actually that's a slight exaggeration...maybe four bags; I like expensive food.

Next on my hit parade was Wally World (a.k.a. Wal-Mart). While I do like expensive things if I can get them cheaper elsewhere, I'm all over it. (I don't care if they don't give their employees health insurance.) I refuse to buy my toiletries at a grocery store. I walked out of Wally World with $30 worth of mouthwash, toothpaste, deodorant, my Go-Lean breakfast bars (they're only $.96 vs. $1.49 at the grocery store) and some vitamins. I felt much better knowing that I would have paid more had I picked those things up at the grocery store.

In the car listening to the Sinead O'Connor songs I recently downloaded onto my iPod, I decided I should run home to put all this away. Not that my milk would have gone bad sitting in a 15 degree trunk but regardless I didn't want to have it sit there while I finished my errands. Put 'em on, put 'em on, put 'em on me...Put your hands on me...Put your hands on me... I hadn't heard that song in ages.

I got home, put the groceries away then took a twenty minute power nap. Feeling rested, I was off for a cup of Dunkin' Donuts and to find a new cell phone. Finally I settled on a phone I like. I like the LG models so I just got the upgrade to my existing. It looks something like this one over to the right - not sure if that's the exact model. I'm still trying to figure it all out but I'm getting used to it. It has a camera. It's not as complicated (not a PDA) like the Motorola-Q that I brought back. Hated that one. Yet still I couldn't figure out how to answer the new thing. Not in my car two seconds after purchasing it, I got a call. How to answer? Is it this button? No, what about that one? No. Hmmm. I had to call him back. At least I figured out that much.

Anyway, with that one phone call, I was able to make dinner plans. Went to this great little restaurant in Old Towne Marblehead called Jack Tar's. Tiny little place nestled amongst these windy small town roads. They have calamari to die for which we got as an appetizer. For our entrees we both got jambalaya. I had a Cosmopolitan, ordered a second one but during the excitement of my conversation (love to use my hands) I split it all over the place. Time to go. It was a sign.

Nonetheless, I had a really good day off -- not to mention a fabulous weekend. Over and out...


Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello.

4 comments:

Maddog said...

I'm a big fan of LG phones myself. I went with another brand a couple of months ago and I'm still regretting it.

Glad you had a good weekend. You deserve it.

Donnie said...

Sounds like you had a very nice holiday. It must be nice *grumbling*.

That's a cool looking phone.

Spider said...

Thanks for the phone recommendation - I have a RAZR that is going out the window of the Jeep some morning on I-4...

greg brown said...

Far cry from the melancholy Valentine's Day post - how quickly things can change.

Keep having fun......