Sunday, March 04, 2007

Getting Ready to Get Ready

Ah...I'm in my bed writing. I haven't done this in a long time. Usually I take the laptop (of which, by the way, I need a new one) downstairs and write from the dining room table. Today I felt like being a bit lazy. So I now got my cup of coffee, have the window cracked open letting in a nice cool early spring breeze and am stretched out on the bed thinking about today's writing topic(s) which will probably just be a rambling mess of thoughts...

God, I can feel spring coming. I love spring! It's definitely my most favorite season. While fall's up there too, spring has more promise; there's even better weather in it's wake. (*Breathing in the air*)...ah that's nice!


Yesterday took Bandit for a long hike up at Maudsley State Park in Newburyport, Massachusetts. There was more significant snow there than here. It was the wet mushy stuff. It wasn't the most pleasant of walks: We'd be hiking along on top of a hard pack of snow and then suddenly sink six or seven inches into a slushy mix of wet cold water. Bandit was exhausted by the time we got out. We were both a mess but he worse; for along the trails, he found a pile of horse shit of which he decided he needed to smell like and then proceeded to smear his face in. I wasn't very happy. Needless to say both he and the Volvo got a good cleaning when we got back.

Later at night, with an old friend of mine whom I haven't seen in months, I went to see Zodiac. The movie was quite good albeit long. Let me tell you Jake Gyllenhaal was looking mighty fine. In fact, I think he was hotter in this picture than in Brokeback. Wow! For some reason I've never really been into him but, I don't know, maybe it was just my randy self but he looked really good. Robert Downey Jr. was also in this movie. His role was really a stretch for him: He played a drunken addict. Now who would ever think of Downey as such a character.

Today's agenda? Going to see a couple of Open Houses. Figured it's high time I start looking again. I haven't gone the pre-qualification route yet but that's okay; I'm just looking right now. As I like to say, "getting ready to get ready."

6 comments:

Albert said...

you never told us if you were naked writing this post!
Have a good Sunday!

Spider said...

"Zodiac" is on my list to see real soon... thanks for the good review.

Donnie said...

I love Jake! I can't wait to see Zodiac.

Good luck with the house hunting. :)

dbv said...

haven't seen it yet but am going to!! and RD, jr... lol... great line!!

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I'll take Jake over your Ryan Seacrest any day of the week :)

Maddog said...

I'm glad springs arriving for someone. There's no sign of it in the midwest. As for Jake....whoof!!! He's really become more and more beautiful in the last two years.