Monday, April 09, 2007

Big News: "We're" Moving on Up!

Ah coffee...a nice strong fresh cup in which to begin my writing and enter my short work week. Florida here "we" come!

Figured I'd write a new post on BanditTalks, to stay fresh, say hello and let you all know that I'm doing well. As for my blogging friends, I'm glad to hear Spider is back behind the keyboard. Bandit and I wish him well. And hey Spider, I'll be in Orlando in in three days!

So onto the announcement...

I'm moving on! Quite literally. Toward the end of June, I will be leaving my sister's house. She and my brother-in-law have been kind enough to let me stay here with them (for as long as I want) while I transitioned from one life onto another. For them I am grateful. In June I will have been here a year (hard to believe it's been that long) but it's time to move on and begin my new life.

And to add more to the announcement, there's a "we" in there...

(add in Jefferson's theme song here) "We'll we're moving on up!"

"We" found a new apartment that is just splendid. It has granite countertops, mahogany cabinets, 2 full baths of which the master bath with two man tub and separate stand-up shower, 2 large walk-in closets, an office/computer room with built-in bookshelves and granite-top desk plus a garage. The complex itself boasts a gym, pool, Jacuzzi and billiards room -- the works! It will be a great place for "us" to begin "our" new life. But really the apartment's only part of my new, exciting life; the other half of "us" is what I'm most excited about!

We'll be signing a year's lease during which time it will give me...I mean us...a chance to look around at houses and areas in which to eventually settle down.

The apartment complex is very, very nice. Plus they allow dogs! It'll be interesting to see how Bandit and I handle this building-style living. It'll help in determining if we would eventually consider a condo. We'll be on the first level so I can easily let him out the sliding glass doors. Hopefully his bark won't keep the entire building up. I could buy a condo now but if Bandit and I (and the other half) aren't too keen on that type of living then we're only committed to it for a year.

So big news in the Bettencourt household. Rick's moving on!

13 comments:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

Yeah for the move. I'm sure Bandit will sniff out many new friends for you there.

Maddog said...

Congratulations. This is very exciting and you sound very happy. Keep us posted as you continue your journey.

Donnie said...

Congrats on all the great news, Rick!! *big hug & kiss*

Have a great time down in Florida! Meanwhile, I'm stuck in Chicago where there were flurries this morning.

Kevin said...

When do you arrive in Orlando, and for how long? I, of course, am out of town for the weekend, so have a good time -- I'm sure you'll find plenty of trouble to get into.

Sorted said...

Hey Rick,

That is wonderful news. I am sure you are very happy. Feel free to drop me an email if you are interested in meeting up. Spider and I would love to meet you.

digital t-square said...

You and "Weezie" have a great time in Orlando! I expect to see pictures.

Countess Bedelia said...

Congratulations, Rick! I am very happy for you and your partner. This has been quite a journey for you. The new place sounds fantastic!!

Anthony said...

Congrats on the new digs, and the next chapter in your lives!

Mr. Brian said...

Sounds like a sweet apartment! Have a blast in Diseny, I was there last June...B and I had a great time. Be sure to hit MGM Studios! Take care Rick...glad things are going well.

Will said...

Good news is always welcome. It's nice to hear you so enthusiastic and happy.

Will said...

Good news, Rick--all the best as you segue into a whole new phase of your life.

removals said...

Hope you'll be happy in new place! And let these new events chenge your life to better way

storage said...

Congratulations. It's nice to read that you find the place that you want . I wish you all the best in your new place