Friday, May 25, 2007

Cancelled Plans: No Move

I'm so psyched...I have a half day today. The day starts with an onslaught of meetings where I am booked every minute from 8:30 to 11:30, then a doctor's appointment at noon followed by the rest of the afternoon off. What makes it better is that it's an extra, extra long weekend. Monday is the holiday and Tuesday a vacation day. Remember...doctor's orders.

I have no immediate plans other than to hang with Phyllis. I did meet up with a friend last night at The Club that mentioned something about boating in Hamilton/Wenham. Also, I believe my sister is having a cookout on Monday. Actually, it's her birthday next week so I need to do some shopping. But mostly this will be Rick time: jog, write, read, meditate, go for long walks by the beach...reflect.

Gosh it's been a trying past couple of years. God, I create a lot of drama in my life.

I talked to X the other night. I guess when I'm down sometimes I reach out to him, only because he's knows me better than anyone. I'll say something and he can elicit an emotion in me (trust me not a love feeling emotion for him!) that helps me move through certain circumstances.

Went out again last night...got home late. Too much going out on a school night. I just didn't want to sit at home feeling sorry for myself. I haven't come right out and said this here; you may have surmised but I will not be moving in June. It's not over between us but things could be better. Out of respect for him, the rest is just too personal to get into the details.

Well, I should head into work early so I can prep for my meetings and try and get as much done before my little vacation. I love unplanned do nothing vacations. They can be a lot of fun.

Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Oh, Bandit caught a squirrel yesterday. Grabbed it by the tip of it's tail and threw it around like a rag doll. My sister witnessed it all. I got her panic-stricken call at work. Luckily he dropped it when she told him to and it ran away. Dogs will be dogs.

1 comment:

Donnie said...

Have fun on your "mini vacation". We all need some down-time to recharge our batteries.

Aww....I bet Bandit was just trying to make friends with the squirrel (evil grin).