Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Doctor's Orders

"Anxiety. Can't get nothing done. Anxiety. Spoils all the fun." This is from Pat Benatar's Anxiety from the Get Nervous album which not out of coincidence I woke up with in my head this morning.

Doctor ordered me to take some time off. He says I'm too stressed out and even gave me a prescription for anxiety. I guess when you can't concentrate and obsess over things which ultimately interfere fear with your daily life then it's time to call in the big guns. I'll be fine. I'm just going through a bit of a rough patch.

I'm pushing forward with my life. And will be taking time to jog, exercise, meditate, pray and take walks etc. I have a lot of projects going on at work so maybe next week I'll take a day.

I get mad at myself for having allowed me to get this way. I take full responsibility for it. It's no one else's fault. I will be choosing different thoughts for ultimately thoughts are the things that lead to actions. And actions determine our course of life.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Take some time. Relax. Try to get your mind off of things.

And when you're feeling crappy, think of something that makes you smile.

Or run around the house naked -- it's amazingly uplifting. (But don't run TOO fast or you might hurt something.)

Donnie said...

"Serenity Now!" When I want to relax and wash away the day's worries, I like to either listen to something soothing on my mp3 player or read.