Tuesday, May 01, 2007

King Kong Meets Diana Ross

"Do you know where you're going to? Do you like the things that life is showing you? Where are you going to? Do you know?"
Diana Ross
Theme Song from Mahogany
I had a great restful sleep last night -- even with my bizarre vivid dreams about King Kong and saving children from monsters. Then I woke up with the above Diana Ross song stuck in my head. Go figure!

I've yet to see the King Kong remake but heard it was wonderful. Well last night, in my dreams, the 2007 version terrorized this office building that a group of friends, relatives, colleagues and I were occupying. Kong would walk around the building, peering through windows searching for his love -- a child that I was protecting. I had to keep her away from the windows so Kong wouldn't see her. Finally, on the Tower of Terror (I guess I'm still living in my Disney trip), Kong spotted her sitting next to me. He went ape-shit (ha ha), pounding at the windows, hollering and bearing his four foot tall teeth.

Then at some point I realized it was all a dream. After all, who the hell has teeth the size of a small child. At that point, the dream wasn't so scary. Kong went away or he later morphed, as dreams have a way of doing, into this guy Don that I barely know but in reality don't particularly like and have had anxiety attacks over. Come to find out he was really a fat, harmless, pathetic loser -- nothing to fear.

So that's my bizarre evening. But like I said slept like a baby. Probably more than you care to know about me.

Speaking of which...

Yesterday, I was listening to Eagan and Braude, a talk radio program that I enjoy. I love this show. Margery Eagen is a writer for the Boston Herald and Jim Braude a news anchor for New England Cable News. They very funny together. Anyway, Margery (Jim was off) was bandying about narcissism and Blogging. This got me to thinking about Bandit Talks: How exciting is it for my readers to know that I bought a package of dental floss over the weekend?

2 comments:

Scott L said...

That depends, what flavor of floss?

Donnie said...

Yes...and was it waxed or unwaxed? Mint or cinnamon flavored? Inquiring minds wanna know! ;)

I sometimes have very weird, vivid dreams. Join the club.