Friday, June 01, 2007

Boston's Gay Pride Week

Last night, I went to Karaoke at The Club. Had a good time. There's a Boston area Pride Idol contest going on. All the Boston area gay bars have elected contestants to go the finals next week in Boston. "You're going to Holly...I mean Boston!"

I know of at least one guy from The Club that is going. My friend Dan and I will probably head into town next week to see him, as well as the others, peform.

One of these days I will get up the gusto to sing - again. It's just that I haven't performed in so many years; I get stage fright. Actually, that's not entirely true. It's more like intimate-fright. The place is too close and personal. In the past I've found if I had a proscenium stage to elevate myself and distance the crowd, or better yet not know the crowd, I find it easier. Probably a result of my theater background. Then again, now that I think of it maybe I'll just stick to writing.

Anyway, Boston's Pride week gets kicked off today at noon with the raising the gay pride flag at city hall. Next Saturday, the 9th, is the parade. I haven't been in years. Maybe this time I'll go.

3 comments:

Maximus Leo said...

Apologies - I have been out of actioned! In fact I have been in la la land... :-)

Never been to a gay pride event before. It doesn't exist in Singapore but I am contributing via an organisation that volunteers at the hospice for HIV/AIDs victims. Have fun at the event!

Countess Bedelia said...

Ooops.. I think you mean June 9th is the Boston Pride Parade (not the 6th).

I am heading out to Albany NY for Pride parties and celebrations. The Parade is on Sunday, the 10th, for anyone in the area.

Donnie said...

Happy Pride Month, Rick! :D

It's been a few years since I've been to any Pride festivities...that being the Chicago Pride Parade with my big sister.