Monday, June 18, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday


Taking a little liberty with the lyrics here. Don't ask! As I sat down to write today's blog, this just sort of came to me. Being Monday, the tune of The Bangles Manic Monday was going off in my head.
Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was lickin' on a donut
By a crystal blue Norwegian stream
Again, don't ask. Must be my own mania or rather I'm just hungry for a donut or something. Crazy!

Well, it's certainly Monday. "Can't trust that day." Oh God, I'm just full of little song quips today.

Maybe I'm a bit off today because last night I didn't sleep all that well. You see, the air conditioner in my bedroom is on the fritz. Every 20 minutes or so it makes this God awful rattling sound that vibrates the entire window case. I'd nod off to sleep that suddenly be awoken by a blast of cold air and the thunder of what sounded like the crashing of an iceberg. Talk about global warming.

Finally, around 1 am I just shut the damn thing off and opened the window. Obviously not the window with the air conditioner in it.


Yesterday's weather was gorgeous here. Hot! I took Bandit for a walk and half way back he petered out. Just sort of lied there on the cool grass as if to say, "Hoo it down buddy! I need a rest." We stopped for a bit and I gave him some water as he panted and then mustered up enough energy to make it back. Sometimes he'll just sprawl out and won't budge and I wind up having to carry him home. Funny thing is that when I carry him he likes to be cradled on his back sort of like a baby. So I'll hold him with his arms and legs flapping along and his tongue hanging out. I've actually had people stop and ask me if everything was alright; for he looks half dead. I tell them, "He's fine...just lazy." They laugh.

Wish I could have a lazy Monday, Monday but got to get ready for work. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. "I don't care if Monday's blue...Tuesday's gay and Wednesday too." I know stupid! Cut me some slack: I'm not working on a lot of sleep here.

2 comments:

Donnie said...

Sorry to hear that the incessant AC unit kept you up. That photo is funny.

I can just imagine Bandit pulling a "Blanche DuBois" on your walk...I've always relied on the kindness of strangers.

Have a good week, Rick. :)

Kevin said...

To quote the show Snoopy: "Sometimes there's nothing that will relax you more than lying with your head in your water bowl."

That's the image I got of Bandit.