Monday, June 04, 2007

Snug As a...

I love that feeling of comfort you get when you're all snuggled up in your bed and there's a storm going on outside.

It's raining to beat the banshee out there. Thunder, wind...cool and raw. Yet last night in bed, I felt all snug as I listened to the rain rattle against the awnings and splatter upon on the roof. I kept the window open just enough so that I could feel the wind and smell the fresh rain. All the while I was wrapped up in my comforter all cozy and content.

I slept pretty good despite some bizarre dreams that woke me up around 2:00 - the recurring airplane crash dream, but this time I escaped, and another about an underground mansion blowing up. Us creative people like to dream up oddities. Eventually I nodded back off. Yet after yesterday's marathon sleeping session, even if I had just gotten a couple of hours of sleep, it would have been enough.

Today's a long day for me and a short work week with a lot to get done. This Thursday and Friday I'm at a conference but of course that doesn't help the work go away.

Well, off to start a new week, a new day, new moments...a new life! Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello. He just ran back in from going bingos...doesn't like to be out in the rain. Now he's all snug and comfortable in my bed -- no doubt with wet paw prints on the fresh sheets.

2 comments:

Brechi said...

Raining is the best sleep weather!

Donnie said...

I love when it's raining and the windows are open and there's a cool, moist breeze blowing...just makes you want to hunker down in the covers. :D