Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sometimes the Snow Comes Down in June...


I don't normally sleep late. I'm one of those types that gets up at the crack of dawn but today was different. 10 o'clock I heard a knock on my door. It was my sister wondering if she should call 9-1-1. I think she thought I off-ed myself in the middle of the night with a bottle of pills or something. No, I don't know.

Although, yesterday's post may have been a bit depressing I found a positive side to it: Let life unfold the way it's intended to. You can't control the outcome. Some things are meant to be and some are not but in the end what's right for you will happen.

It seems like everyday I wake up with a new song in head. I'm not really sure what they all mean. Today I awoke to the tune of Vanessa William's Save the Best for Last playing in my head.

Here's how I see it...

While 'sometimes the snow [does] come down in June' there's always hope, a chance even in this 'world [being] a crazy place' when you think you're at the end of your rope and that all your 'chances have passed', things can and do get better. God has a way of 'saving the best for last'.

Sometimes the snow comes down in June
Sometimes the sun goes 'round the moon
I see the passion in your eyes
Sometimes it's all a big surprise
'Cause there was a time when all I did was wish
You'd tell me this was love
It's not the way I hoped or how I planned
But somehow it's enough

And now we're standing face to face
Isn't this world a crazy place
Just when I thought our chance had passed
You go and save the best for last
So I do hope God's plan for me (and you) has in store the greatest of all possibilities.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is truly one of my favorite songs in the world.I think it came out on the late 80's ? Having the # 1 single for like 16 weeks which is unheard of now a days. All I can say is this is your best post. I need a box of tissues right nose, shit i need to blow my nose i can't breath right now. Save the best for last.
What a true statement. Luv ya. Me

Palm Springs Savant said...

Hi Rick- that was one heavy post yesterday. Hopefully you are feeling a bit more chipper. Northshore huh? I used to live in Stoughton (near Braintree, Canton)

anyway just wanted to say hi. stop by and say hi sometime!

Anonymous said...

You need to get out of your head and into your heart. You are devaluing your true self and all that life is offering you.
There is so much inside you. Why let your mind fool you?

Donnie said...

Another great post, Rick. You make me such an emotional wreck when I read these posts.

I like this song, but whenever I'm reminded of it, I immediately think of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. That song is on the soundtrack (which I have). Yes, I AM that gay! ;)