Sunday, November 04, 2007

Housing Jump?

Hey All!
Just wanted to shout out a quick hello to let you know I'm alive and doing well. Bandit's been prompting me to get a post out here.

I've been so swamped lately it's not even funny. Been traveling for work and trying to get some projects wrapped up.

On a personal note, I did not buy that house; thought it's still on the market and I still love it. But they want too much for it. I did look around at a few others, nothing really jumped out at me.


I don't want a perfect house: I want to put my stamp on it. Nor do I want something that needs so much work that the cost of redoing it puts you at the brink, or even over, market value. I want equity!


In the meantime, I'm enjoying my new apartment. It's very nice yet very expensive. I could get a mortgage at this price, hence my looking around.

Anyway, just wanted to touch base. Over and out!

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello!

11 comments:

Lemuel said...

Glad to see you came up for air. Missed reading you (or Bandit).

Sorted Lives said...

Glad you are doing well. "M" had the same problem with his apartment, hence he moved in with me.

Enjoy your weekend and say hello to Bandit.

somewhere joe said...

That's wise. It's a pretty house, but in today's market there's no need to pay top dollar. Good luck with the house hunt.

Donnie said...

Rick, glad to hear that things are going well with you...even if you're busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kickin' contest. ;)

Bandit, your persistence paid off...thanks.

digital t-square said...

Glad to hear you're both doing well. I wonder if the softening of the real estate market will move east. Prices are coming down out west.

Charles said...

Rick, best of luk in finding a house. Glad to hear that you are alive and well.

Will said...

And hello to you and Bandit. From everything I can gather, the prices on existing houses are continuing to fall (I was SO lucky to sell mine in early June when I did) so you should keep an eye on the house you were looking at. It might well come down in price to a much more attractive figure.

Anthony said...

everything has got to be right before you buy. and yes, the market has to be right. We lucked out and bought as the market was taking off here in Vancouver. If we were to buy now, heck we would be waaay out in the 'burbs.

Steven said...

Glad that you are doing well. And glad (personally) that you haven't bought that house....yet. it seems like there may be a lot of rehab necessary. Hopefully work will slow down and get you back to regular blogging again!

Kiko said...

Wow, nice blog here... no wonder

dbv said...

when's it right, you'll know it!!!