Monday, November 12, 2007

Off to Florida (Again) and Another House Update

Okay so here's another little post on the ongoings of said life...

I'm heading down to Florida this weekend. Will be visiting my Mom and brother for Thanksgiving. But first going to stop off at Universal Orlando to spin around on some roller coasters. Bandit will enjoy a much needed reprieve from me; I've been driving him crazy. He'll be staying with my sister and brother-in-law and I'm sure will enjoy the feasts and festivities at their household. He won't miss me one iota.

This will be my third trip to Florida this year! And twice the year before that. Next vacation is going to be west coast...or perhaps the Caribbean. Then again there's always Europe. Hmmm....

Anyway, here is an update on the house hunting:

I found a gorgeous house in a small rural town not too far from my office. It's a little on the high side but in today's market I'm sure they'd negotiate. It needs absolutely no work! Which is probably a good thing for me. It's been completely renovated: new furnace, new electricity, new kitchen (cherry cabinets with granite counters), central air, new insulated windows, 2.5 brand new baths, new septic. You name it. It's been done.

The house was built in 1810 and, like I said, refurbished, down to the studs, in 2007. The only thing I would do is fence off the backyard for Bandit and put a gas insert into the non-working fireplace. The house is quintessential small town New England. I love it! But...we'll see. It's a big commitment and a big house.

Other than that, things are going well. Home life and work are good. Work's busy as all heck and with me being out next week means all the more that needs to happen before I leave. But I like what I do so I do what needs to get done.

Oh well, if I don't get a chance to post before Thanksgiving...have a good one!

8 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

You will have great weather!! I just realized Spider will be in town next week. We are going to dinner on Tuesday if you are interested!

digital t-square said...

Have a great time in FL! I may be going there in February for a convention. I've never been before, so I can't wait to read about your adventures. And, neat house!

Lemuel said...

The house is very nice!! Very quaint New England! and from your description of the inside and upgrades it would be the best of the new and the old. Good luck with the negotiations if you decided to go for it.

Have a great trip to FL! Will Bendit post in your place while you are gone? Maybe we can wrest the real scoop on you out of him. :)

Glenn said...

Hey there -- where in Fla are you going to be?

Countess Bedelia said...

Have a great trip! If you are back on Sunday the 25th, Bennett will be performing at Club Cafe. Record release party 4 to 10 pm. See you there, I hope!

Will said...

A nice, handsome Federal Period but one that I think has been restyled later in the century. Completely redone into move-in condition is good.

I can't imagine Bandit not missing you--you two are like a vaudeville team!

Happy Thanks giving to you and the family.

Greg said...

That's a fantastic house! Grab it!

Donnie said...

Ohhhh......what a beautiful old house! I love it!