Friday, December 14, 2007

Driving in the Snow

What a snowstorm! We had quite an impressive disaster flow through New England yesterday. My normal 10 minute commute took me an hour and half.

At lunch I decided to go Christmas shopping. When I went into the mall it was cloudy but not a snowflake in the sky. I shopped for about a half hour came out and it was as if the blizzard gates had opened. The mall is about 5 minutes from my office. It took me 45 minutes to get back. By the time I got back to work everyone was leaving. The Executive Team decided to close early: The snow was coming down at 2 inches an hour.

At that point I went into the office, shut my computer down, grabbed my stuff and left. And as I said, an hour and half later I got home. It was a long day but after watching the news reports. I had it easy.

7 comments:

Spilled Drambuie said...

My 50 minute commute took 5 hours! I feel your pain.

Glenn said...

I remember why I left Massachusetts. It's 80 here right now. I read the Globe online earlier today and could vividly remember being in storm-related traffic like that. Yuck!

Countess Bedelia said...

Mark is flying up from Miami tomorrow; I think he has it backwards!

dbv said...

geez...

Charles said...

My parents went up to Chicago Saturday, they left at 7:00 pm and didn't get back till after midnight due to the roads.

Greg said...

Wow.

Sometimes I'm glad not to live through those Winters back east. I'll take the beaches here any time.

Donnie said...

After reading this post, I thank my lucky stars that I'm in southeastern NC. No real worry of getting 2 inches of snow an hour.