Saturday, December 01, 2007

Is It Summer Yet?

In case you haven't noticed, it's December. The year is almost over yet my mind is still somewhere in last spring. Is it summer yet? Did we have fourth of July? Oh good God where did the time go? I can hardly believe I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping when I haven't even put my summer shorts away yet.

Last week I was in Florida basking in 80 degree weather; now I have the heat on to take the chill out from the 28 degree air outside. No wonder I'm all over the map. I've experienced way too many extremes this year. But let's not go there.

For Christmas presents this year, I'm thinking of buying gift certificates. I've already made out my list. It's much easier to run to the mall and grab a handful of Simon Mall cards getting several people checked off your list in a matter of minutes. I just don't have the time.

Work has been crazy. Though I got a big accomplishment done on Tuesday so the rest of the week wasn't too bad. Although, there's more right around the corner. It's gonna be a lot! I've been involved in some new and exciting opportunities and am really enjoying it. 60-80 hour work weeks potentially in the near future but I'm okay with that. (I say that now...tune in in a month to remind me of how wonderful I thought it would be.) I guess I just like what I do.

I have Christmas break coming up. Will be off for nearly two weeks in between Christmas and New Year's. I was planning on going to Chicago to see Phyllis. She's giving some big presentation there and invited me to share a few bottles of wine with her in between lectures. I haven't even looked into plane tickets yet. They're probably through the roof now. We'll see.

Anyway, need to put my painting clothes on. Somehow I got coerced into helping someone spruce up their tenant's kitchen. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello.

3 comments:

dbv said...

i know what you mean about extremes, it was 86 in south florida on tuesday and now it's supposed to snow here in seattle on saturday??? WTF??? i need to take more time to aclimate!!! lol... and gift cards?? tsk tsk!! lol!!!

Lemuel said...

bundle up! snow's a'comin'!

if the work is interesting enough, if one has been brought on board with a legit reason for it, and if one is justly compensated for the overtime, then such a schedule is tolerable.

Donnie said...

I love winter weather...I just wish coastal NC saw more snow.

I'm giving either money or gift cards to everyone this Christmas.