Saturday, December 22, 2007

Vacationing with Johnny Depp

My vacation started at 3:00 pm yesterday. I got out a bit early but wound up in traffic as I decided to go get my haircut at Susan's. Susan's shop is on the coast, in a small town that's a pain in the arse to get to but I've been going to her since the mid 90s when I lived in Salem. Travel time normally takes 20 minutes but with the Christmas traffic I spent over an hour getting there. I was late but had called her whilst stuck behind a some gasoline chugging SUV on its way to the malls.

Confession: I've been cheating on Susan. Because her shop is so out of the way, once a month or so I've been going to SuperCuts at lunch but when I have the time I prefer Susan. Seeing I hadn't been to her place since the summer and it was the holiday season (she's Jewish...another reason I love her) I gave her a big tip. It costs $18 for a cut at her place. I gave her $50 and let her keep the change. I then got in my car and traveled another hour to get back home. Oh well...tis the season.


Keeping in line with the haircut theme, last night I decided to go see the new Sweeney Todd movie starring Johnny Depp. If you're not one to shy away from lots of blood, can handle gore with a sense of humor and don't mind actors singing their lines then you just might enjoy it as I did.

At first it was a bit slow to start. I was anxious for them to get to Mrs. Lovett's meat pies. I knew the storyline so was looking forward to how they would pull off the barbershop scenes. I wasn't let down as the pace quickened.

Johnny Depp and Helen Bonham Carter were excellent. As was the little boy, Toby, played by Ed Sanders. Two actors from the Harry Potter films also appeared.

Anyway, if you're out and about this Christmas season you might want to get your ears lowered with Johnny Depp.

No comments: