Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feeling a Little Better

I'm feeling a bit better. I can handle the Cindy Brady sniffles but stomach and intestinal stuff forget it! I'm not a good sick person mainly because I don't take the time to get better. I usually push myself through it. Like I am now. Sometimes it works: You feel better getting up, showering and going on with the day and not lamenting about how ill you feel. Then there are the times when you just need to take a break and then there are times when you can't afford to take one. Oh well...

I haven't walked Bandit in two days. Last night I had to work late and by the time I got home was too ill and exhausted to let him pull me around the complex. Tonight I should have the stamina. I do feel a bit better. This morning in the house, I played frisbee with him. At least that gives him so activity.

Speaking of activity, or lack there of, I need to get back to the gym. My 34 waists are getting tight! I must have gained about 5 lbs. since the fall. I hate feeling this way. I could stand to lose a good 5-10 lbs. We have a gym here at the complex. The only time I've stepped foot in it was on the initial tour. Oh and once to bypass through to the game room, to feast in a buffet. Oh Rick!

Anyway, just taking a few minutes out before heading into the office. Only three more days of this workshop and then I can relax, with a nice long weekend to boot! Over and out...

Your Fat and Ill Rick

P.S. Bandit says hi.

5 comments:

Lemuel said...

You take it easy. Get well soon. There be other times for gyms and buffet-avoidance.

Glenn said...

Feel better. And go to the gym to feel even better. I'm on week two and much happier for it.

Steven said...

Get better soon, Rick. I am like you when I am sick. It seems like my recuperation period is shorter when I am sick if I am doing a lot of physical work or activity, rather than laying all day under the blankets.

derek said...

I see i'm not the only one that got this at the beginning of the year, get better soon mr.

Maddog said...

Don't worry about the weight today. Just get yourself feeling better. Hope you have a great weekend.