Monday, January 28, 2008

Found a Home

Okay, I'm doing this one more time and hopefully the last!

I found a house a couple of weeks ago, looked at it again over the weekend and am making an offer today. It's definitely a fixer-upper but could be gorgeous once it's done. It reminds me of the houses on the street I grew up in. It's a 1960s split-level.


I'm usually partial to old Victorians or turn of the 20th century homes but there's something about this one that speaks my name and Bandit's as well as he who shall not be named (for privacy sake).

It's got a huge fenced in yard for the Banditos and a master suite that was begun but stopped apparently due to finances, hence the foreclosure.

Backyard abutting conservation area.

Master bedroom with interesting beamed ceiling.

It's not the biggest house I've seen. Then again how much space do you need. It's a 3 bedroom/3 bath home. Perfect. Now I just need a suite of contractors to come in finish it.

We'll see. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

dbv said...

that looks like a fun project!!! good luck!!! and take lots of pics, we're a very visual audience!!! ha!!!

Faux Pas blog said...

seems like the right size. the 3bd/3ba combo is great. good luck!

Faux Pas blog said...

seems like the right size. the 3bd/3ba combo is great. good luck!