Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's Eight O'clock Somewhere

I'm running low on coffee. God forbid! Believe it or not my favorite coffee is Eight O'Clock Bokar Blend. I say 'believe it or not' because I always thought that was my parent's generation of coffee. I stumbled across it about a year ago and love it. They only place I can get it is at Hannaford's, my favorite of all grocery stores.

Being that I'm out of Eight O'clock, I had to break into the Starbuck's that I got for Christmas. I like Starbuck's but at home I can never seem to make it right. It comes out too weak. So this morning I grinded up a ton of beans. It's better but still not as good as my Eight O'clock.

I'm a coffee-aholic - drink way too much. Before I leave for work in the morning I have about a 1/2 pot. But the thing is I only fill my mug half way because I don't like it to get cold too fast. It still does and I wind up dumping a bit. So all and all I probably have 2 or 3 cups at home. When I get to work I probably have about another 2 or 3 - sometimes 4 - and in the afternoon a cup of tea or one more cup of coffee. No wonder I'm always running around the office like a nut.

I also love grocery shopping - always have. I look forward to my weekend trips to Hannaford's. I know, I know...I'm not normal. Call me queer - well, ah.

I bring my little envelope of coupons and spend a good hour or so making sure I get the right products at the right price. And Hannaford's always has the freshest produce, great meats and good fish. And their prices are very reasonable.

Anyway, enough of my crazy talk. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello - with jingle bells still wrapped around his neck and his Life is Good ball in his mouth.

5 comments:

Tom said...

Rick:

I am an Eight O'clock junkie too! I have blended my own "low-caf" version by mixing the red with the green two-to-one... But I must tell you, Try the Dunkin Doughnuts whole bean coffee that's out now in most supermarkets... You'll appreciate the flavor!

Tom

Creative Thinker said...

Hi -- I just stumbled upon your blog and have enjoyed reading it...AMEN to the coffee addiction. I think I would cease to exist without it...

Maddog said...

I start my day with a pot of Cafe Blend coffee every day. In NYC we have a store that only sells coffee. The have rows and rows of burlap bags filled with coffee beans. It smells wonderful. After many tries I finally found one that I love. I've been drinking it for almost 7 years. And now that you mention it, I'm running low as well. I'll have to get some over the weekend.

Lemuel said...

They used to sell Eight O'clock coffee at the A&P store ("The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company" - a grocery store) when I was growing up. My grandmother always served it. I loved going to the store with her because you ground it fresh in the machine at the store. The aroma was wonderful - even before I started drinking the devil brew. :)

Sorted Lives said...

That was always the coffee in my house growing up. I remember it well. As for grocery shopping, it's not my favorite, but going to Publix (FL chain) is always a pleasure.