Friday, January 04, 2008

Raynaud's


It's freezing! Yesterday, I got into my car and the outside temperature read 5. Yes, that's 5. By the time I got to work it warmed up to a nice balmy 8. Woo hoo! Get the suntan lotion out.

My finger tips and toes were numb... literally. I have a medical condition called Raynaud's Disease which causes the tips of my fingers and toes to go pale and numb in cold temperatures. It doesn't even have to be THAT cold for it to happen. If I'm exposed to temperatures under 50 degrees for an extended period of time I can feel the tips of my toes or fingers beginning to get numb. I guess it's pretty silly to live in New England with such a condition but then again I love the change of seasons. As long as I bundle up I'm okay.

Anyway, it's supposed to warm up over the weekend. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit wishes all a Happy New Year!

------
Find love again...seriously. Matchmaker.com

8 comments:

Maximus Leo said...

Glad that it will get warmer!! and Happy New Year - may 2008 bring your great health, joy and abundance in life.

Lemuel said...

Bundle up! Bundle up! We don't want you to lose any part of you!

Donnie said...

I'll try to send some of the warmer temperatures up your way. In the meantime, bundle up and cuddle with someone. I'm sure Bandit would love to cuddle.

Maddog said...

I hope that you guys are getting the warmer temps we are getting this weekend. It's supposed to be up in the mid 50's for a couple of days.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rick,
I came across your blog, as I receive google alerts for anything Raynaud's. I know how you feel. I live in Worcester County and stepping outside is almost fatal these days. My fingers are affected everyday even inside the house. I use these fingerless mittens that hold hand warmers. They make me look homeless but they help. IF you are interested they are called Wristies and you can find them at Plow N Hearth.com. Good luck. I am sure Bandit is a help as my 100lb golden retriever Tucker has no problem keeping me warm. He thinks he's a lap dog. There is no better blanket. Happy New Year.

Kathleen

Countess Bedelia said...

LOVE the cartoon! You always find the perfect picture.

Yes, it is much warmer today and should be OK for the rest of the week.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried Warm Cream? I have been using this product for 8 years and I teach skiing in the winter. Check them out at WWW.warmcream.com tell them I sent you they may send some free samples!

sunspot said...

Have you tried Helios Soaking Salts? My husband & I both have Raynaud's as a side effect of migraine meds. There have been winters that shoes were unbearable because our feet were so sore & his hands are always cold, even in the summer. Anyway, we found these bath salts & soak in very warm water for 5 minutes & after 3 days of soaking we're MUCH better. It's pretty amazing -- salts & essential oils -- and not expensive. You can get them at www.heliosforhealth.com or try your local health food store. Good luck & keep warm!!