Friday, February 01, 2008

About Me Update

I changed my "about me" section today to remove all references of being divorced. Why would I want to define myself as someone from a gay divorce? Move on. Now my bio simply reads "a gay man enjoying and discovering..." and not "a gay divorcee". Who gives a shit!

To me it's more than just a removal of word. It's about letting go and moving on. Perhaps this was the one final vestige of a former life. I haven't mentioned my previous life in a long time for one simple reason: there's no need to.

On BanditTalks you will no longer find reference to the past. Going forward it's about now.

To all of you have a great day!

Rick

P.S. Good God, how did it get to be February already?

7 comments:

Shutternick said...

Good for you - moving onward and forward!!

Will said...

It got to be February already because you erased everything that came before February, of course!

Faux Pas blog said...

Way to go, Rick. Looking FORWARD to upcoming blogs!

Sorted Lives said...

I am glad for you. Taking steps forward and acceptance of why things happened changes your view on life.

"Just David!" said...

snap snap... you go girl!!!

Jos76 said...

Your self-definition is the only one that counts. If you know that you are happy and looking to future, no one has the right o think otherwise.

Jos76
www.jos76.wordpress.com

Steven said...

Moving on and moving forward is the best direction to go. Thank goodness it IS February. Closer to Spring!