Friday, February 15, 2008

A Day Off


Oh, I have today off. This is wonderful! I can putz around and do nothing. I sooo need this. (Although I should just VPN into the office for just a smidgen.)

So what's going on in said life...

Had a great evening last night at the 1640 Hart House. I've written about it before. I love the food and the ambiance. It was an exquisite evening. The last time I was there was for my birthday.

Today I have got to call the my real estate broker and line up a bunch of houses to see tomorrow. I'm continuing the hunt despite the last fiasco. Speaking of the last house, I should hear more next week in terms of what the bank (the seller) is willing to do. The more I think about it I may just spend a bit more and get a house that needs little to no work. Besides I'm not the handiest of men.


Yesterday Bandit got his haircut . He looks adorable. Though when I went to pick him up the groomer said, "I hope you're not offend by this but he is getting a little chunky." Oy! I know...I know. He's got to go on a diet. I'm going to start bringing him to the gym with me and throw him on the treadmill.

At the office, I joined a fitness class. For $85 you get a 6 week course with personal trainer to whip your ass into shape. When it comes to working out I need to be pushed. I've gotten more out of these last few weeks than I ever would on my own. I'm just not self- motivated when it comes to the gym. On my own I more like, "Okay, that's enough. I'll move on to something easier." But when you've got someone demanding you go into 30 seconds of diamond push-ups when you've just did a set of painful squats, you just do it.

Well, that's about it.

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hello. He's outside enjoying the fresh air.

2 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

More employers need to do that!! I think that is a GREAT idea! Good luck!

Charles said...

Rick,

I've got the 15 and the 18th off. Not sure what, I'm going to do just yet. I have no idea what it's like to have to lose weight. I wish Bandit all the best as you try to help him lose some pounds.