Tuesday, February 19, 2008

From Tufts to the Sea and Back to My Routine


My long weekend is over. Oh well. I enjoyed it. It's back to the routine. Now I'm going into the long stretch, no time off till Memorial Day.

Yesterday I was in Medford, urban city close to Boston and the home to Tufts University. My broker wanted me to look at a condo up there. Granted I never thought of living that close to Boston again but I do have to say the condo was quite appealing. It's absolutely gorgeous, in an old school house and in foreclosure for quite a bargain (about $200,000 less than what it sold for a year ago). But I'm not into Medford, or as we pronounce it here in Boston "Med-fid" or "Mea-fuh" depending on how native you are. If it weren't for the fact that it had no garage and I'd have to walk Bandit to let him go the bathroom, I might consider it.



Ideally I want my seaside community but the prices are just so damn high! Yesterday I drove around there too, a bunch of crap on the market either that or just ultra-expensive mansions. Sure I'd love a mansion; however, the $13,000 a month mortgage would be a bit to swallow.

Alright, it's almost 5:30. I got up earlier than normal so I could log into the office and get a jump on things. I have a lot of meetings today and not enough time to prepare. Tomorrow is even worse. Hello routine!

Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit's got it right. He's still sleeping.

3 comments:

"Just David!" said...

people who buy mansions don't carry mortgages!! well, not the ones i know anyway!!

Rick said...

Exactly, hence the reason why I won't be buying one!

Greg said...

A mansion would be very nice, if only I would win the lottery.