Thursday, February 07, 2008

House Update: Offer Accepted!

Remember this house I was looking at in December?


Well, in early January I put an offer on it and someone came in with a better deal. I wrote it off. The other day I got an MLS alert from my broker: The buyer couldn't pull the financing together. It was back on the market. We dusted off the old offer, submitted it and last night while I was enjoying a "Super Tuscan" Sangiovese blend at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, I got a phone call from my broker. They accepted my offer! Woo hoo!

Of course it's not a done deal yet. I still need to sign the P&S and make sure it passes inspection. I know it needs work so I'm sure that with excruciating detail the home inspector will point out what needs to be done. If you recall this house is a foreclosure. The previous owners had all good intentions of finishing the basement and making some final changes to the bathrooms but apparently ran out of money.

It's in a great area, has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. The backyard is huge! All I need to do is put about 3 or 4 yards of fencing on either side of the house to enclose it for the Bandit. Even though the appliances are new, I want to put in stainless steel, reconfigure the island a bit and add granite counter tops.

Anyway, just figured I'd provide an update. Hopefully all goes well.

8 comments:

Sorted Lives said...

Congrats to you!! I hope everything goes well. Buying a home is such a pain, but in the end, so well worth it.

Lemuel said...

Wow! Congratulations and best wishes! You may be depressed at the report of the home inspector, but if you get a good one, I think you will be happy you did. We had an inspection done when we bought our home a bit less than a year ago. Before the inspection I had my list of priorities of fix-ups. After the inspection that list changed drastically. The inspector saw things that I did not notice. I am *very* glad we had it done.

Creative Thinker said...

Best of luck to you...I hope it all works out. Looks like a great house!

Faux Pas blog said...

Yay! Congratulations! Use the inspection report as a bargaining tool, it may generate some funds for your planned upgrades. I'm no real estate magnate, but I know a thing or two about buildings. So if you have any questions, let me know. Good luck!

LK said...

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!

LK said...

Rick! Wow! Congrats and Good Luck!

"Just David!" said...

congrats and now it looks like your summer will be filled with projects... enjoy!!!

Steven said...

Congratulations on your recent acquisition and may the projects and results be fulfilling for you!