Sunday, February 17, 2008

In the Midst of a Long Weekend

Thought I'd give you a snapshot of my tranquil long weekend...

Yesterday, I got new glasses. Woo hoo! I know how boring but I was driving by my eye doctor's office and decided to stop in for a visit.They are so friendly there. Dr. Breen was able to take me on the spot. After about an hour or so of chatting, I walked out with an order for new frames, contact lenses and a bunch of free solutions and so did the other half.

I only use my glasses on the weekends and occasionally once or so during the week. I've had my current pair since about 2003. I sat on them a couple of times; they're all twisted and what not. So I figured it was time for a new pair. Thanks to my insurance, $268 got me the exam, new glasses and a 12 month supply of contacts. Not bad.

I also went to my two favorite stores: BJ's Wholesale and Hannaford's. I know... this is riveting stuff! Okay, I won't bore you with the details of my order.

I also stopped off at the liquor store. I was going to buy the makings for Cosmopolitans but couldn't remember all the ingredients. So I wound up with a just bottle of vodka, tonic water and cranberry juice for my favorite Summer Cocktail. Even though it's the dead of winter I still enjoy a refreshing cranberry drink. After about 7 of those (kidding...I think it was 8 1/2), I was in bed around 11.

Up today around 6. Bandit slept out on the couch. The first time in the 7 or so months I've been here that he hasn't slept in the bedroom with us. Hmmm.... I didn't think I was that drunk.

This afternoon I'll be looking at some more houses. God, I envy these people on these HGTV shows that look at just three houses and are able to pick one. I must have seen about 100! Well, I'm sure those shows are all staged - who knows how many they saw before hand. Oh well...don't matter. I'm doing what feels right for me and going at my own pace.

First Commercially Produced Postcard (ca. 1893)

I won this set of postcards on eBay. They are classic! The first set of commercial generated postcards ever! Their from the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition (aka The Chicago World's Fair). This is where the postcard craze of the early 20th century began. I think I got a pretty good deal. To get all 10 still in originally wrapper is unheard of. I need to stop spending money though. Good Lord... I also won some racial charged postcards. Some may find them degrading. I find it American history.

No comments: