Saturday, February 09, 2008

Making Money on the Web Buying and Selling Postcards

I'm taking a class at the local community college. The class is about designing a web business. I'm excited about it. Finally time dedicated to learning the details of what goes into creating such an Internet endeavor. For years I've wanted to create a little side thing: perhaps sell my postcards or some other opportunity that I haven't yet thought of.

I bring this up because in a few hours I need to head out to the class. It meets every Saturday for six weeks. Not too long but long enough to get a smattering of what it is I need to do.

Now that I'm going into debt for a home, I'll need some extra cash to help pay for all those little projects.

Rare Philip Boileau: Bought for $8.50, Value ~$75

Lately I've been going crazy on eBay. A couple weeks ago I told you about my postcard fetish. Well wouldn't you know I've racked up about $1,000 in postcards since then. Oy vey! I'm going to need a 12-step program. Good thing they're probably worth twice that! The problem is I like them so much I don't want to part with them in order to reap the profits. Plus I'm not crazy about scanning, posting, marketing and shipping out things when you sell on eBay. I don't have the time.

Anyway, just thought I'd post a little update. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit would say hi but he's out like a light.

2 comments:

"Just David!" said...

a couple of postcards is the equivalent to a fabulous bathroom sink?? i wouldn't have a problem letting them go!!! ha!!!

Charles said...

Cool! Rick, do you think you'll do anything with the postcard idea?