Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Obama Wins Connecticut???

Last night I sat glued to the television screen watching the Super Tuesday votes tally. Till I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, I enjoyed seeing the victories of the candidates as told by Fox News' Britt Hume. I was stunned at Obama's victory in Connecticut. What is it that affluent white Americans see in him?

This morning in looking across a Massachusetts map of wins, Obama won quite a few of the "richer" North Shore towns like Hamilton, Essex, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Boxford, Ipswich and Topsfield. Regardless, as you're probably aware, Hillary won Massachusetts 56% to Obama's 41%.

As I've said before, when it comes to Hillary I'm on the fence yet I did vote for her yesterday. While I'm a fiscal conservative, I'm still a registered Democrat.

Personally, I smell a Clinton/Obama ticket. Now that would be an interesting race: Clinton/Obama and McCain and say...Guilliani.

3 comments:

"Just David!" said...

totally off topic but i figured you'd know this... what's mid-cape? and is it a good place to spend the summer? i've had a summer job offer to be a private chef for a family on mid-cape, is it totally fabulous or not?

Greg said...

I don't think there's going to be such a ticket. The country may not yet be ready for that.

Steve S said...

I voted for Hillary too.

It's frustrating because all the news media are pro-Obama and anti-Hillary. Non-biased news doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I actually think that he is going to win the nomination. I don't think he will pick her as VP, nor would she take it.

I also don't think he can survive 9 months of swiftboating and Republican propaganda, but the majority seems to disagree with me. We'll see.

Hillary would be a great President. I know she would put Gen. Wesley Clark as either VP or Secretary of Defense and would easily beat McCain by doing so.