Sunday, March 02, 2008

Going Sideways


Last night I watched Sideways. I love this movie. I saw it in the theatre when it first came out but I recently added it to my Netflix account. It's so well done. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It's one of those simple movies that makes you feel good -- a wine country road trip that's both funny and poignant.

Speaking of going sideways. The anticipation on the "house" is driving me crazy. The bank is slow as a senior on I-95. We submitted an offer on Monday and didn't hear back till Friday! We countered, probably won't hear back for a few days. It's all a game.

Good news on one of my postcards. I bought a rare 1905 Germany postcard in support of the United States and Teddy Roosevelt. The seller from eBay mailed it in early February. I never got it. We had been corresponding back and forth as to its whereabouts. I even talked to my mailman yesterday to see if he could check back at the shop and to also hint around to him to be more careful in placing the right mail in the right mail box: Several times, late at night, my American Express bill or some crazy sales flyer has shown up under my door from one of my neighbors discovering it in their box.

Anyway, I got an e-mail from the seller. It was returned to her. Apparently my PayPal account had my old address still on it. She's resending on Monday.

2 comments:

Steven said...

I can recall all he praise Sideways got for it and after actually buying it before seeing it, I was not impressed. But I may try to watch it again. It may have been just that I was tired as I fell asleep twice that night watching it. I hope things improve on the house front!

Greg said...

Great postcard, and I'm glad it wasn't lost or destroyed in the U.S. mail system.