Monday, March 17, 2008

Lazy Yet Busy Weekend

I had a good weekend. I actually slept in both days. For me that's a rarity. Saturday I got up around 9 and Sunday around 8. So that's why people like sleeping in: It actually felt good.

Saturday I used my new Costco card and loaded up on supplies, also went to Hannaford's and did some grocery shopping. God, the price of food has gone up. I also stopped by Target and the Dollar Tree Store to get some cleaning supplies.

Last night, we went to this cool little Italian restaurant, Paradiso, near the train station in Swampscott. I had the most delicious chicken parmigiana, an excellent pesto and ricotta eggplant appetizer and a wonderful bottle of sangiovese. Today I'm hitting the gym!

I watched Into the Wild. Excellent movie, especially for those who have a wanderlust for travel.

Anyway, busy, busy next couple of weeks ahead. Might be limited in my writing. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit says hi!

3 comments:

Donnie said...

Sleeping-in isn't appreciated like it should be. I wish I was able to sleep-in more often.

The weekends are usually my shopping and errand days too.

Charles said...

Sounds like a nice night out!

Faux Pas blog said...

I envy anyone who can sleep-in. I'm lucky if i get 5 hours of sleep, and it's usually interrupted at one point. This happens on the weekends, too.