Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Meme About Me

I got this meme from my friend Anthony over at Swim-Ski:

The house I grew up in…was a 1960's suburban ranch in a nice neighborhood where everyone knew everyone's business. To put it simply it had it's pluses and minuses.

When I was a child I wanted to be…a teacher.

The moment that changed me for ever…was making the decision to major in Psychology in college not because psychology was so important but because for the first time in my life I took charge of my life. Prior to I did what my parents thought best for me.

My greatest inspiration…is probably motivational-speaker and author Wayne Dyer. His book "You'll See It When You Believe It" changed my life. Prior to I saw life's events effecting me. Afterward I realized and put into action me driving life's events.

My real-life villain…is probably myself. I don't have any really enemies or people I hate. I can think of a few a-holes but other than that I'm my biggest critic.

If I could change one thing about myself…to stop being my own worst enemy.

At night I dream of…work, issues going on in my life, problems. I wake up exhausted but often with solutions.

What I see when I look in the mirror…a 41-year old man that's made a lot of himself.

My style icon…Ty Pennington meets The Office.

My favorite item of clothing…are my Levi cords.

I wish I’d never worn…those damn 80's parachute pants.

It’s not fashionable but I like…lounge pants and t-shirt. If I could wear them at the office I'd be happy.

You wouldn’t know it but I’m very good at…bonding with kids.

You may not know it but I’m no good at…being patient!

All my money goes on… a variety of things (home, car, retirement, fun etc.). The key of financial stability is diversification.

If I have time to myself…I read and write.

I drive/ride… a 2003 Volvo S60 5-speed turbo sedan.

My house/flat is…hopefully going be mine in April.

My most valuable possession is...1903 Ellen Clapsaddle mechanical Halloween postcard. Okay, call me a nerd.

My favorite building(s)…Rowe's Wharf Boston Harbor Hotel. Although I like not having the suspended highway since Boston's Big Dig has been complete, unfortunately this means I'm underground when driving by and no longer see it.

Movie heaven…a well-written, well-acted dramatic comedy.

A book that changed me…as mentioned earlier, Wayne Dyer's "You'll See It When You Believe It".

My favorite work of art…the Birth of Venus by Botticelli.


The last album I bought/downloaded… Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".

The person who really makes me laugh…the creator of Family Guy.

The shop I can’t walk past…probably a Dunkin' Donuts, for the coffee.

The best invention ever…are those little handy wipes for your (never mind).

In ten years time, I hope to be…just as happy, if not more so, than I am today.

My greatest regret…wearing those damn parachute pants.

My life in seven words or less…life is about taking responsibility for you!

3 comments:

Donnie said...

What a great meme, Rick. I learned a lot from this. Thanks for sharing.

"Just David!" said...

Great meme, and I couldn't agree more with the Family Guy one! It never fails to crack me up!!

somewhere joe said...

What, exactly, happened while you were wearing those parachute pants? :-)