Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday Update

It's been a busy week. I've been stuck in another two-week marathon meeting. I'm not leading this one but let me tell you it's even more draining participating as a subject matter expert for the entire day. I can't sit still. I wind up standing or getting up to write on flip charts anyway. I can't help it. Honestly, I don't mind these sessions. I actually enjoy the collaborative effort and working to solve a problem. It's just at the end of the day, you're ready for it to be the end of the day.

However, the end of the work day doesn't end. Besides somehow needing to finish my "other" work, I've signed up for another after-hours session of fitness training. So last night I was beat up by Steve, the new personal trainer. He's really good. Doesn't let me get away with anything! Which is exactly what I need. I am so lazy when it comes to working out. Any opportunity, even mid-workout, that I can find to cheat I do. On my own I'd be like, "I think I've done enough so far. Let me take it easy." No, not with this guy. Perfect for me.

The house front is making very slow progress. Sometimes we take a step back to only make a stride or two forward. At this point I leave it up to the universe to figure out if it's right. We're pretty much all set on our end. The bank just needs to get their act together.

Oh and isn't today the first day of spring? Come on Mother Nature bring on the sunny warm weather. This tired, battered old body could use some rays of sun.

4 comments:

afod said...

Beautiful capture with the buds and sun rays! I am so waiting for that as I listen to the snow storm advisory we have for tonight....5 to 8 inches. ACK!

Countess Bedelia said...

Good luck with the house, Rick. And please send me some of your positive workout energy! I am lazier than you and I need it more...haha!

Charles said...

First day of spring is hurrying a spring winter storm to us in NW. Indiana. We are expecting 6 to 9 inches of snow between Friday and Saturday.

Donnie said...

Spring has sprung down here in NC. Sounds like the trainer Steve is just what the doctor ordered. Have a good weekend, Rick.