Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The $50 Oil Change and Another Vet Bill but Could Be Worse

Good Lord it's Wednesday, not only mid-week but approaching mid-month. In two weeks I'll be closing on the house. I'm scared and excited at the same time.

Okay, enough of that. No more house talk till I get the house. I'm trying not to get too excited till keys in hand. Remember?

Yesterday Bandit's vet came to the house... again. Bandit had to have his final vaccination - kennel cough. They couldn't do it last week because it can't be given in conjunction with some of the other ones. Of course I was charged another $35 visit fee and $25 for the shot. Good Lord, pets are not cheap. I think next year I'm going to take him to Petco. They do all the shots for less.

After they left I jumped in the shower. (I hadn't slept well and was still in bunny sleepers and pjs when the vet came.) I then had to hoof it over to the Volvo dealer. I think I told you I needed an oil change plus my front-end was making a strange sound.

Come to find out the noise was from the right sway bar and was covered under warranty. They replaced it free of charge so all I had to pay for was the oil change, not bad. Though they charge $50 for an oil change! Don't you think that's kind of high? But I was happy nonetheless, as I had been expecting to pay about $1,000 in repairs.

Well got to get ready for work. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Did you catch American Idol last night. I was not impressed by David Cook's performance. What the hell was that?

No comments: