Friday, April 25, 2008

Rick's Frenetic Pace

Oy, what a week! I am grateful to see that I made it to Friday.

To start off I was "supposed" to close on the house Tuesday yet there's a problem with the title. The prior owner owed money to a construction company who put a lien on the property. It goes without saying that this needs to be cleared before signing. Come to find out it could take anywhere from a couple days to a couple of weeks! We rescheduled for today yet that's not happening either.

Can you say frustration? I just want to get in there and start fixing things up. Oh well... patience is were it's at now.

On a more personal note, last week I ran out of Tide. I know this is probably not devastating to some but for me what this meant is all the dirty laundry I created over my fabulous weekend in Ogunquit couldn't get washed. Tragedy! And because I've been balls to the walls busy at work I couldn't find ten minutes to go to Target and buy any.

(I finally picked some up yesterday while grocery shopping which means I know have clean undies. Good Lord!)

As for work, my Outlook calendar looks like a patch work quilt of meeting notices. I had blocked off Tuesday thinking I wasn't going to be in order to sign on the house but somehow I still got booked with 7 meetings that day. The other days were just as insane. Thankfully today is light. Again I thought I wouldn't be in and this time marking myself unavailable apparently worked: I've only been scheduled for 2 meetings.

Most of this work week's frenetic pace had to do with a huge presentation I had to give yesterday. There was a lot of prepping and coordinating with the team. I'm glad to say it's over and went very well.

12-13 hour days are exhausting.

On top of all that, I somehow got talked into house sitting and looking after a cat. Squeezing in visits has not been easy. Since the house is not too far from my office I would try to fit it in during lunch or in between meetings. Thankfully yesterday was the last day of doing that.

This weekend I'm looking forward to seeing some friends. They're coming down from New Hampshire to see the new house. Also, Sunday is Greek Easter. I get to spend it with my brother in law's family. Yummy Greek food! So much for my diet.

Anyway, that's it for now. Over and out...

Rick

P.S. Bandit's not too happy with me. Last weekend, I bought him a package of bandana's. You know how he loves wearing them. Unfortunately I picked up a box of the wrong size. They're way too small so instead all his stuffed animals are wearing them.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Sounds like you could use another vacation!!

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

Poor you.. my outlook calendar.. reads BANK HOLIDAY and ANNUAL LEAVE.. oh but there are a few meetings thrown in here and there for good measure.

dit said...

WOW! You are so busy. You could use another holiday. I hope all goes ok with the house. How exciting. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

afod said...

"...balls to the walls busy." There's something I've never heard before. Must be New England slang. I hope that you were able to afford some down time this weekend and enjoy the Greek Easter and all its trimmings of great food. What's the one I can never get enough of? Baklava? I hope subsequent title searches get things cleared up for you and good luck with the closing. Have a slower-paced, enjoyable week!