Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weekend in Ogunquit

What better way to explain a weekend away than in pictures. I had a great time. The weather was gorgeous and I got to relax a bit.

Rick Posing for a Photo

Coast of Maine as Seen from Marginal Way Walking Path

Apparently the real estate market is tough in Ogunquit. After meandering through the quiet streets I came across this Open House. I thought the sign's placement was unique so I snapped a picture.


This house is probably more my price range. Actually, there was something about this little shack's worn appearance that appealed to me so I took a picture of it.


I didn't realize the inn had a pool and whirlpool tub. I forgot to bring my bathing suit so I stopped off at one of the gift shops and purchased a pair of boxers. These got a lot of looks and comments:


And of course there were lesbians...


I was trying to be good but the inn made their own freshly baked donuts. Boston creme my favorite! I had to savor it in a photo - less calories.


I thought this little patch of blue flowers poking out of the ground was pretty.


And someone took the time to build this little stack of rocks.


So that's it! My little weekend away.

7 comments:

Curtis said...

Nice!

Glenn said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love weekends in Ogunquit. I'm looking forward to my annual weekend up there in September with all the Boston boys.

Anthony said...

great pics! looks like you had a wonderful time!

afod said...

Looks like you had yourself a quiet and relaxing time! I hope it provided you the opportunity to rejuvenate! :-)

dit said...

What great photos of a great weekend. I used to spend summers in Cape cod. Your photos remind me of then. 8-)

Charles said...

Well Rick, it looks like you had a great time on your mini-vacation. Glad you enjoyed!

Creative Thinker said...

When are you coming back? We miss your wit and wisdom...