Monday, May 12, 2008

Pain in the Neck

I'm going to complain. I need a bit of a bitch session. I'm allowed. Right?

My neck is killing me! Literally. Friday night I must have slept wrong on it. I woke up Saturday morning and could barely move it. And last night I slept like shit. Every time I moved I'd get a zinging pain up my neck and across my right shoulder blade.

And I'm fighting a cold to boot.

What else.

The house is good. I'm not going to complain about that. Though I could.

Alright just a little...

Saturday we found 7 busted pipes. That's what you get when you buy a foreclosure. That's the risk. My buddy, a fantastic plumber and all-around- handyman fixed every single one and is coming back today to test some more. (We only got through the cold water.) Oh well. Hopefully we'll have running water today.

Yet I had fun buying stuff yesterday: new sheets for the guest bedroom, a steam cleaner for the hardwood floors, some more lighting and all my major appliances.

Oh and remember when I had problems with the Volvo making front-end noises? It's back. On Saturday it made a popping noise followed by a loud grinding noise like metal against metal. I was afraid to drive it but then it went away. I need to call the dealer today. I have no time to get it down there. I'm swamped with meetings today yet need a car to get over to the house either at lunch or at least after work. They're just going to have to give me a loaner. They should have fixed it right the first time.

I also need to get into the chiropractor for my neck. What a pain.

5 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

YAY!!!!! You have the house!!!! Hang in there -- it will get better... They can be beaten into submission. I bought an old house in Memphis that you would swear was the Amityville Horror house (they do things to spite you, especially when you don't have a ton of money) -- but persevere and you will prevail and you will LOVE your new home...

dit said...

Oh my, that is quite a list of things to do. Goods luck. Congrats on the house. So exciting!

Maddog said...

Hope the neck is feeling better. I know how it feels to be in a little pain. Still waiting for those pictures of the house. We want before and after...

Maddog said...

Hope the neck is feeling better. I know how it feels to be in a little pain. Still waiting for those pictures of the house. We want before and after...

afod said...

Thank goodness for the handyman! I hope your neck is feeling better and you're able to get some ZZZzzz's. Remember my fingers are ready for the stainless steel refrigerator doors. ;-)