Thursday, May 01, 2008

Sick Day

I'm getting over an awful stomach bug. Tuesday night I went out to dinner at Border Cafe. They have fantastic tex-mex and cajun food. I've never had a bad meal there. I felt fine all day then as we got up to leave I felt a little queasy but nothing out of the ordinary. Yet by the time I got home I was achy and had the chills. An hour later I was sick as a dog.

At first I suspected the food but seeing no one else in my party (there were 6 of us) got sick and I was running a fever I realized it must have been a bug. Besides we all ate about the same thing.

I took yesterday off. I could barely get my head off the pillow. In between trips to the bathroom and with Bandit by my side for good measure, I slept till 1:30 in the afternoon. I got up, ate an orange and a glass of water, walked up to get the mail and was exhausted again. Around 2:30 I went back to bed and woke up a couple hours later.

In the meantime I've got contractors at the new house. I'm getting phone calls in bed: "is the surveyor there yet?". Phone calls from work: "the release is scheduled for tomorrow how do you want to go about it?" and "can you log in from home and just answer a few e-mails?"

Last night I crashed on the couch. Watched Hillary Clinton on the Bill O'Reilly show: She impressed me. Then I watched Neil Diamond sing some dreadful song on American Idol and got a little upset that Brooke was booted off the show. That damn dreadlock-kid Jason has got to go!

5 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

Hope you feel better, sweetie...I would take care of you if I were up there...

afod said...

Not the best time to be under the weather. I hope you get better sooner rather than later. I hope you said "No" to those requests from work. They had the nerve!

dit said...

I hope you feel better soon. You poor lamb. No fun. Nice to have Bandit by your side. Thoughts are with you.

Maddog said...

I hope you are feeling better today. And yes, Jason has got to go. My roommate has hooked me into AI since I've been home. So I've been on YouTube seeing how they've gotten as far as they have.

Anthony said...

get better soon! nothing is worse than being that sick!