Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Up Early

Sitting here earlier than usual: I woke up at 3:30, got out of bed at 4:30 so I figured I'd start blogging. My neck is still troubling me however not as much as before. I made an appointment for the chiropractor. He can't see me till next Monday. By then it'll probably be fine.

It's quiet. What can you expect at 4:30 in the morning. I let Bandit out. He went the bathroom, came back in and headed back to bed.

I like being up early. The dark. The quiet. But by noon I'll be ready for a nap. In my car sometimes at lunch I'll take a little power nap. It's very restorative. Keeps me going for the rest of the afternoon. I don't know if I have time today though.

Last night I went to the Tides Restaurant in Nahant. They have decent pub style food. When I was a kid, it used to be really good. The place was always packed. Now, while it's decent, it's not as good as it was long ago. It's changed hands about a gazzilion times since the 70s. In fact they just recently renamed it back to "Tides" after several small chains failed. Apparently they're in an attempt to rekindle the past. The food is good but the atmosphere, though right on the water, isn't right for the location. Nahant is a very exclusive town. There's something about Keno machines while I eat overlooking the ocean that just rubs me the wrong way.

What else?

I stopped by the house after picking up the Volvo from the shop (that's a whole other story). The new hot water heater was installed. It's pretty cool - a state of the art efficient tankless system. It cost a little more than an ordinary tank but uses much less energy and will eventually pay for itself. The previous owner had a huge 80 gallon tank. This one mounts on the wall and is only 2 feet tall by about 1 foot wide. I took some pictures but left the camera there. I'll post them some other time.

So the Volvo...

Apparently when I bought the car, they installed new tires that were not what typically comes with my model. They're a bit fatter than the standard ones. I guess my car can handle them although they need some special piece of equipment on the axle to accommodate them. Apparently, on my car, they are either missing or broken causing the tire to occasionally rub up against wheel-well. They're ordering the parts but now that I'm thinking of it, what has this done to my tires? Perhaps I should have them put on the Pirellis that were supposed to come with it. I was too tired to pull a scene. I'll give them a buzz today with my thoughts.

2 comments:

afod said...

Don't be making it a habit of getting up early. It seems like you're just making your days longer and longer with more work to do. Take a breather. These last few weeks have been stressful for you and I'm sure the next few will be as well.

Maddog said...

You like the morning the way I like the night. There's something very relaxing about sitting in my apartment at 3:00 a.m. enjoying the quiet. I've been doing this a lot since I broke my ankle.